Incentive Contests you have WON.

So you saying it’s hard to qualify for those trips as a producer unless you are like top in country. Lol

Not at all. If you focus the majority of your sales to one or two companies then every full time agent should win one every year. What hurts most agents is they write a dozen different companies.

In my earlier years I would write everything through one company all year. I was writing PreNeed funeral insurance and those companies were all basically the same. There was no reason to write more than one. It was still hard to win the trips but at least it was all focused to one company. We wrote a lot of single premium but you needed $500,000 to get the trip and around $800,000 for the extra days and bragging rights.

On the SNL trip last year the top producer in each category got a special jacket to wear so all of us knew who the big dogs were. AgentGuy (Doug Massey) got the one for FE. I thought that was a great idea. I was at another convention for 5-Star and Doug was the top agent for them that year. I don’t think they even recognized him at all. Nothing. And we all know where they are today.

Not at all. If you focus the majority of your sales to one or two companies then every full time agent should win one every year. What hurts most agents is they write a dozen different companies.

In my earlier years I would write everything through one company all year. I was writing PreNeed funeral insurance and those companies were all basically the same. There was no reason to write more than one. It was still hard to win the trips but at least it was all focused to one company. We wrote a lot of single premium but you needed $500,000 to get the trip and around $800,000 for the extra days and bragging rights.

On the SNL trip last year the top producer in each category got a special jacket to wear so all of us knew who the big dogs were. AgentGuy (Doug Massey) got the one for FE. I thought that was a great idea. I was at another convention for 5-Star and Doug was the top agent for them that year. I don’t think they even recognized him at all. Nothing. And we all know where they are today.

At the end of the day as long as he got his commissions I thing that is what matters.

I see so if you are a captive agent you actually have more of a shot of going on a trip then an indie cause there is less spreading of premium I guess you would call it among different carriers.

At the end of the day as long as he got his commissions I thing that is what matters.

I see so if you are a captive agent you actually have more of a shot of going on a trip then an indie cause there is less spreading of premium I guess you would call it among different carriers.

Yes. If it was a competitive captive it should be easier. But a broker has the same advantage if he puts everything that fits with his main and just the ones that don’t elsewhere. The captive agent has to walk away from the ones that don’t fit.

She sells the fire out of Med Sups and Med Advantage. But for some reason she just won’t jump in to life insurance.

I can kind of understand that.

The Medicare market seems more well defined and easier to grasp. The life insurance market seems like a more complex morass that takes a great deal more professional knowledge to deal with well.

Back