Incentives for Appointments?

People are smart. They can sense desperation and "commission breath".

Unless you're truly offering something of value that ENHANCES your professionalism, they won't meet with you.

If you are offering free insurance review, looking to save money on insurance and etc, there is some value offer there. However, if you are offering free pizza, snow removal, car wash in exchange for an insurance appointment, you won't get very far. There is a cold calling forum, just search them and I find a value statement that you like, practice it and see what happens. The best ones are usually get the client to exchange/respond with you so that you can carry a conversation.

Has anyone tried this? Giving out incentives for appointments during cold calls? What was your experience?

If I feel like someone is close to meeting but declines on the first ask, I will follow up with a small gift before calling and asking again for a meeting. Works about 90% of the time.

If I feel like someone is close to meeting but declines on the first ask, I will follow up with a small gift before calling and asking again for a meeting. Works about 90% of the time.

What would be considered a "small gift" and do you mail that to them prior to calling?

What would be considered a "small gift" and do you mail that to them prior to calling?

If I can find their alma mater via linkedin or company website, I will send out a nice college team tumbler or hat.

I find it more cost effective to call first and determine who might be gift candidates the 2nd time through.

I understood the question as offering something during the first cold call. Once you get to the second call, it means they picked up the phone twice, it is a much warmer call. There is an Ohio National agent who mails gift boxes to certain zip codes and has his staff call them to book appointments. Surprisingly it works well, people open the gift boxes, especially when they are odd shaped.

People are smart. They can sense desperation and "commission breath".

Unless you're truly offering something of value that ENHANCES your professionalism, they won't meet with you.

When I say incentive, I mean something that is nice but goes with the flow of business. For instance, I might ask them if they like brunch and then invite them to brunch. Things like that.

Back