Income and Age specific Direct Mailing

Income and age specific direct mailing: Are they really worth it? 10,000 names for $300. I’ll mail out what? 300 postcards and the law of averages dictates 3 responses right?

Should I just pay my Visa bill and not waste any more of my time? Yes, I read mickeyma’s post regarding his short experiences, that didn’t get me to make up my mind though.

It seems there’s only two choices when attracting new insurance clients: Crapshoot or specific shoppers that may buy down the line and if you pester them, they’ll never buy. :no:

-CR :SLEEP:

Think you need to be sending out 1,000wk for ten weeks.

1% response rate is ten per week. Even if you only get 1/2 of 1% that's still five per week.

You need to think about how they will respond to you. Do you want them to call, visit a website, return a card in the mail?

Most will be more likely to visit your website before they pick up the phone to call, so I would get a site that has some client testimonials and a page where they can leave their contact info if they want to learn more.

From what I have seen put out by the lead companies, the include a return postage paid postcard with the contact info populated except for the phone number.

Forget sending a postcard in the mail. Put it in an envelope. It's ok if one side is the pitch and the other is postal info.

I hear ya. Yeah, I was going to give them the option of calling or going to a site or both. I just thought what you just said. And a 1% return rate isn't good enough for me. I only have a little gift $ to play with so I'll advertise locally and give a seminar or two (which is cool, because I'm a musician and love audiances), instead of wasting $300.
Gifts never seem to be enough. I need a few more zeros on the end. I was actually thinking of just paying off one of my CC's and forgetting the whole deal. It seems to be pointless like many here say, I need a bankroll and to get my team together. They make it sound so easy.

Thanks just the same. :mask:

-CR

Depends what you are selling for 1% to be satisfactory.

For health, prob. not.

Annuities, absolutely. Commission on a fixed is 3%; EIA 6%-10%.

Even if I only sell one per week, it covers the cost of mailing plus a modest wage.

Back