increasing auto insurance rates

pmcknney

I got t boned by a guy that ran a red light. That was not my fault but State Farm keeps going up with my rates. Now they want $878 full coverage for a 2015 Hyundai Sonata. I'm thinking about going to Allstate for home and auto.

It's possible that SF's rates are going up across the board and has nothing to do with your accident.

In addition to Allstate get quotes from several other companies. Try other direct writers as well as through an independent agent.

The KY Dept of Ins publishes a guide to auto and home insurance that includes premium comparisons.

https://insurance.ky.gov/Documents/autohomeratescombined.pdf

Gives you some hints as to what insurance companies to look at.

If you were hit and it wasn't your fault, how did State Farm find out? In the last few months I have seen State Farm assign 20% blame for not at fault accidents so that if you get a quote from somewhere else the accident shows on your history, which affects your new quoted rate.
People......if you are hit and it is not your fault, don't call your insurance claims department.

The wreck was bad enuf to total my car and put me in a trama center for 8 days. The other insurance paid for my car and a settlement after 2 years. My insurance co. was not out anything. They just keep making excuses for going up in rates. State Farm has lost a many year customer.

If you were hit and it wasn't your fault, how did State Farm find out?

One way is that the insured complied with the policy requirement to report accidents promptly. The policy "condition" doesn't say only report it if you are at fault.

Even if that's not the case, the claim with the other driver's insurance company would still show up on the OP's CLUE report which all insurance companies have access to.

if you are hit and it is not your fault, don't call your insurance claims department.

I hope you aren't telling that to your clients.

Policy requirements for reporting are for when YOUR insurance company can be held liable for property or medical damages.

The auto policy makes no such distinction:

Part E - Duties After an Accident or Loss
A. We must be notified promptly of how, when and where the accident or loss happened.

There's more but you can find it any auto policy you choose to pick up and read.

Latest posts

Back