Increasingly more difficult to book f2f appointments in urban and even suburban areas.

May 9, 2019

1. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    You should enroll in the @Life Hawk "like my post" program. He pays $5 for each like. @goillini52 has retired from insurance sales. Making so much $$ from Hawk's program he doesn't need to work any more.

somarco, May 21, 2019
  2. Travis Price

Travis Price Guru

State:
    Michigan
    Do I ever get paid or is it the promise of getting paid?

3. martha ramirez

martha ramirez New Member

State:
    Indiana
    It is true that the whole landscape of schedule f2f meetings from phone calls has changed over the last few years. A lot of that has to do with the robo calls and telemarketing. People are less apt to answer numbers they aren't familiar with, just because it could be another robo call. While there's a lot of different factors, the other posters here have some good advice, and you have a good idea, as well.

If you focus more effort on rural areas, away from the city, there is less competition from f2f agents. The people out there are getting more calls from people that want to sell them over the phone, and these people are more likely (in my experience) to actually want to see someone in person. It may take a bit more effort to book a whole day of appointments in this area, but it can be done.

Diversifying your prospecting methods can also help. If you haven't tried seminars, you might look into this possibility. Here's a guide to planning and running a successful Medicare seminar. Of course, every area of the country is different, so I can't speak to where you are. When we opened our agency, we did a lot of seminars. We still get business and referrals from seminars that we did 4 years ago.

Another possibility is going to telesales, even interstate sales. If you can pick a couple of other states to get a license in, you can expand your market, provided you get to know the rules and regulations on phone calling.

Getting more inbound leads is another source that can help. If you don't have a website, this would be a great first step. Then, focus some effort on social media campaigns, like Facebook ads or Facebook lead ads. Work on developing some helpful content for people that you can put on your site, or share on social media. Use some email marketing to build a monthly newsletter for your clients and prospects. Work on developing a referral program.

The fact is that the way people buy insurance is just different, and there's a lot of competition and options. You just have to be a little creative in how you market yourself to keep business rolling in. Don't despair, though. Just change tactics and get to know what works in your area. I hope you can pull out of the rut and keep things going strong.

4. Life Hawk

Life Hawk Guru

State:
    Illinois
    You are just jealous... cause he gets $5 and I only pay you $1.25...:laugh:

5. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Yes.

Next question?

somarco, May 22, 2019
  6. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    I had that problem last year. :laugh:

7. goillini52

goillini52 MAGA...Eat More Bacon & BUILD THAT WALL!!!

State:
    Illinois
    Yep, and Todd pays for my weed. I've got it made. :biggrin:

8. benneaf

benneaf Super Genius

State:
    Tennessee
    I was at the Medicare Supplement conference in Atlanta yesterday. The producer panel at the end was very interesting as far as where people got prospects. I didn't get the idea that any of them were using direct mail (not that it doesn't work, but maybe the top producers just don't need it). They were doing seminars (with entertainment, like an elvis impersonator) and getting tremendous response. One lady wrote a monthly article for 3 or 4 different publications. I think someone (this may have been in a different session) mentioned they networked not just with P&C agents and financial advisors, but with doctors, accountants, and HR professionals. The business is out there we just gotta figure out how to get in the door.

benneaf, Jun 6, 2019
  9. hockeyday

hockeyday Guru

State:
    Michigan
    Lol your right dm does not work and it really doesn't work were I live, so no should drop mail for medicare, just keep to go calling the t65's and stay out of my sandbox,

10. benneaf

benneaf Super Genius

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm not saying it doesn't work, just none of the panelists indicated it was part of their marketing strategy. At all.

benneaf, Jun 6, 2019