Independent Agents Are KING!!!

No such thing as free leads, or at least free leads that will provide sales. As for businesses sueing you for replacing their business. I don't know but That don't sound right. I mean if you replace a policy following your states regulations what can they do? If you can save someone money and offer them the same or better service I say go for it!

There are contracts like that still around. When I was captive my contract said that if I replaced a policy they could require me to pay the company one year's premium.

I knew several agents who did and got caught, they sent threatening letters but never followed up on it. As far as I know they didn't attempt to take it out of their renewals either, as least none of said they did.

I guess the answer is don't get caught if your contract has that clause. It has never happened to me.

You are right, you do not need leads, the very best leads are the ones you generate yourself. I have been doing it that way for years.

I do offer training if you are interested. Real training that includes a very smooth way of generating your own leads.

I always have time to talk to agents so if you would like to talk about how to get started, don't hesitate to give me a call. I still remember what it was like when I first started sixteen years ago.
Frank, what is the best time to call you. I need some advise from you on my independent brokerage.
Thanks a lot.
Alice

Guess it's the carrot in front of one's nose. Gotta start someplace.
We all have our unique situations as to where and when we
can go indy. Good advise from previous posts.

Hi,
I have recently gotten my p&c licence. I am debating if I should start my own brokerage business or go with Allstate.
I have been approved by Allstate. On the other hand I do like freedom. Thus I am thinking about opening my own insurance brokerage co. I must say I do not have insurance background. I am an accountant- not a CPA, worked for big companies for more than 15 yrs.

Can any one please advise if I should buy Allstate book or start my own brokerage from scratch. Please! Please!

best regards
Rob

Rob,

I was an Allstate EFS. If you can buy an Allstate book at a good price, it's a good place to start. If you have to pay too high a price, it's not a good place to start.

With Allstate, you are limited to the one brand for P and C, and basically a narrow range of brands for financial. But, you have the name behind you. You start out with 25% penetration for auto and home.

Also with Allstate, you have the 800 lb. gorilla which can change the rules of the game as you go along. It has happened several times over the last few years.

Danny

Latest posts

Back