Independent Contractor Marketing Fees

wikiperez

I am a property and casualty agent (220) in the state of florida. I would like to work as an independent contractor marketing different agencies. Dont know if anybody has done it but the concept would be to go out looking for customers and once the contact has been made and the need uncover then contact different agencies for the best quote. After the best quote has been found then deliver it to the customers and send them on their way to the respective agency. That way I would avoid the customer having to call three of five different agencies. Basically I would do the job for the customer. I would like to know if anybody can tell me how much should I charge an agency for this type of marketing. The agency dont pay for the marketing until the sale has been made. Should I charge a flat fee or a percent of the commission? Thanks

Re: Marketing Fees

Basically you are referring the prospect to 5 or so different agencies. I love when people call me with referrals, but I am not going to spend to much time on it if I know 4 other agents or working on the same thing. It is probably worth about the same as an internet lead, $10.

Why not just contract with one agency that has all the companies you need?

That's an interesting idea, but how are you going to find all of these potential clients? The value of your license is to build up a book of business that will give you some financial security.

If you're just selling leads, you'll always be chasing the next lead with no residual income. Think long term.

Basically you are referring the prospect to 5 or so different agencies. I love when people call me with referrals, but I am not going to spend to much time on it if I know 4 other agents or working on the same thing. It is probably worth about the same as an internet lead, $10.

Why not just contract with one agency that has all the companies you need?

If I was to contract with just one agency, and write the policy, how much should I ask to get paid? On a commission basis.

Latest posts

Back