Independent Contracts for Allstate?

How are some independent agencies able to offer Allstate?

I thought Allstate was purely captive?

I had a guy tell me he knew a broker that bought a book from an older broker and he had an old contract that's how he was able to sell it. So far that's the only case I've heard of an independent having it. If others have it I would imagine it's probably this scenario buying a book that had an older contract.

They will appoint IA's in markets where the population/demographic wouldn't support an EA (so I've been told rural areas etc.)

I'm an independent in a rural area, and we have an Allstate contract. They will only offer to rural agents.

Allstate's IA product is Encompass. However, I'm sure there are indy agents out there that have been grandfathered in to an old Allstate contract (as mentioned above).

We've had an independent Allstate contract since the '70s. They hung the moon about 10-15 years ago, now they are pure crap. Terrible product. Abhorrent technology. Terrible profit sharing.

The book has dwindled down to a fraction of what it was.

It is a good question in that, many large groups tout the Allstate brand as a deliverable.

Is there an agent in Tyler, TX with an Indy Allstate Contract that is also smart enough to create a Group with agents all over TX and can he provide them access to the Allstate Product? Valid question.

If so is Allstate Cool w that? If not what up?

Back