Independent wanting answers for agency

RLC

Expert
I am a new NC L&H agent and a member of the forum. I have seen similar thread, but none with specifics. I have a career with time to transition this agency. My goal is just $2-$3k net. My questions are?

1. What realistic product today can in L&H world to achieve this goal.

2. Where would I find an independent association other than the IHIAA that is advertised on this site?

3. Where would I find the top carriers to become appointed with in NC?

I am aware in a new agency the learning curve and time horizon could be long, but I have time. Please note I have an appointment with Old Mutual. I have tried NAA but I know I can do better by myself. Thanks any reponse.
:)

I like the senior market... there is a variety of products to offer and cross sell, leads are not expensive, day time appointments, very little charge backs (medicare), and most seniors dont go on the internet to find the best deal they trust you to do that.

Is there no other way to solicit business other than cold calls or using a call center? I had read something on the senior forum that mentioned that you cannot provide information and serve meals. It also mentioned something of not being able to solicit at health fairs.

If call centers are the future can you list the top five?

I have never relied on cold calls and have made a good living. I have used preset appts, seminars, mailings, and referrals for the majority of my business. I am an old sales manager and I had no trouble directing others to cold call, but I do not like to do it myself at this point in my career and life. I hire others to do it for me, which is not as effective as doing it yourself.

I pose this question, and I may answer it myself, but... what is the difference according to the new rules coming between cold calling and using a call center? Is it because the call center is not licensed and is merely setting appts and/or generating leads for you? If so, it seems a fine line.

what is the difference according to the new rules coming between cold calling and using a call center? Is it because the call center is not licensed and is merely setting appts and/or generating leads for you? If so, it seems a fine line.

Are you saying that because the people at call centers are not licensed agents that the no cold calling rule does not apply to them?

Are agents going to be forced to use call centers or go to direct mail pieces? Sounds like the "real money" in selling Advantage Plans is going to be in setting up a call center.

That ain't right.

Are you saying that because the people at call centers are not licensed agents that the no cold calling rule does not apply to them?

Are agents going to be forced to use call centers or go to direct mail pieces? Sounds like the "real money" in selling Advantage Plans is going to be in setting up a call center.

That ain't right.

No. My question is, are call centers exempt from the cold calling rules because they are not licensed? It was stated above by inuranceguy that 'There are hundreds of call centers that are more than happy sell me pre-sets at $30 a pop.', which led me to think he was saying that they would still be able to do that once the new rule was in place, since he was answering the question about what could be done after the rule was in place.

I don't see why that is any different than cold calling other than they are not licensed. I agree with you, that the money seems to shift to the call centers.

It seems that in most industries it can turn out that it is not the salespeople who make the the money but the people who convince the salespeople they can make money and who charge us for the opportunity to try ;)

It seems that in most industries it can turn out that it is not the salespeople who make the the money but the people who convince the salespeople they can make money and who charge us for the opportunity to try ;)

"Lead companies" have been doing that for years. Everyone is always looking for a "good one". All one has to do is read the threads about "lead companies" to know that the vast majority of them are ripping off agents, yet agents still keep pissing money away buying "leads".

Selling insurance is easy, it's prospecting that is work and those who learn to do it are the successful agents.

If in fact call centers are going to be exempt from cold calling then new agents will flock to them, piss away most of their profits just to make a couple of bucks.

When are we going start our own call center? I know how to talk on the phone, don't you? There are a ton of "new agents" who believe that call centers can do things they can't. We can make a killing peddling leads to them.

RCL,

I suppose you would like an answer to your question.

Your goal of $2k-$3k/month would be easy to attain. There are several directions in which you can head: Senior market, Life, Health, LTC, etc. Each has it's pros and cons.

I have sold Health and Life, I prefer Life.

Until you make the decision of what market to focus on, you will not know with which carriers to contract.

After you decide which market you prefer then decide if you want to sell face to face or over the phone. At that point you can talk to various IMO's to determine which will provide the contracts, comm. levels, support and training you feel you need. You will find several in this forum and you can call carriers and ask for the name of a few.

Back