Independents competing against American Family in MO

halis

Expert
Client has 3 cars, 1 home, two children 19 (M) and 17 (F)
Nobody has accidents or tickets. No claims auto or home.

Who can beat them? Doesn't look like Safeco, Hartford, Encompass or Travelers can.

It will make a big difference depending on zip code. I never found American Family hard to beat when I was in P&C, but there are so many variables. Kids will be rated on at least one of the cars. Maybe they should sell the kids and then insurance shop.

I have not run across anyone with MetLife Auto in Missouri. It really does depend on zip codes. Companies target certain areas with rate decreases to boost business...and rate increases to selective groups to weed out certain demographics. I moved 30 miles a few years back and got immediate increases based on my zip with the same company, in Missouri, as the original poster is asking about.

American Family may be hard to beat in certain zips and demographics. I imagine that it will also vary by the credit rating of the potential client or whatever score the company uses. At Farmers we used FARA and FIPRA scores.

Not since 2004. About a year. Was a career agent. Got all the awards but little in the way of rewards. Hit my numbers, but I saw what a financial grind it was going to be so went independent. Paid back the subsidies and never regretted leaving them.

Last edited:
Back