Indexed Universal Life

I like North American because #1 it is a very good indexed product #2 Living Benefits. North American's living Benefits rider is one of the best. 80 + % of couples over the age of 45 will suffer some sort of chronic illness. Also did you know that 90+% of these same people who do suffer this chronic condition will file bankruptcy within 28 months.

You just said 72% of all couple over 45 will file bankruptcy. I have not heard of this epedemic you speak of....You might want to recheck your numbers.

You just said 72% of all couple over 45 will file bankruptcy. I have not heard of this epedemic you speak of....You might want to recheck your numbers.

Don't confuse us with the facts! Nobody was supposed to do the calculations based on what was claimed. :no::)

I like North American because #1 it is a very good indexed product #2 Living Benefits. North American's living Benefits rider is one of the best. 80 + % of couples over the age of 45 will suffer some sort of chronic illness. Also did you know that 90+% of these same people who do suffer this chronic condition will file bankruptcy within 28 months.

You need to go to work and do a little research. North American has a very good IUL....However, their recent ATTEMPT at the Living Benefits rider is very poor. One of the Worst IMHO in the marketplace. Very Limited Benefits.

If I was looking at the LB first, LSW, Transamerica, Sagicor, LFG, Genworth, John Hancock, and Nationwide to name a few have far superior Living Benefits. LSW and LFG have good IUL plans to compare with NA with much better LB.

At $200/month of total outlay, they may want to consider layering the cheapest mortgage term with whatever accumulation vehicle they prefer.

For the additional savings/accumulation, an IUL actually has more flexibility than say a Roth IRA. The owner can take a cash disbursement whenever they want rather than be beholden to IRS rules, subject to whatever rules from whatever policy they chose.

Last time I checked almost a year ago, Penn Mutual has an IUL with small minimum face values. Sometimes an increasing->level or straight level will generate lower customer fees. They also had a nice minimum index crediting rate in exchange for a slightly lower cap, making the performance consistent. People like the guaranteed minimum performance in this interest rate environment.

When you run an IUL to generate the LOWEST fees for the customer to MAXIMIZE cash value, the policy by definition is already geared towards living benefits. Any additional rider to access the DB while the insured is alive may be counterproductive.

Also at those premium levels for that age group, it is approaching cash-value final expense territory. Suitability really depends on what the client wants to save for (themselves or for others) as well as their risk tolerance.

Just got an email from Genworth saying their Foundation Builder Index UL is in the Top 3 premiums for 97%* of cells. Also says High Cap rates.

*As of 10/23/13 Based on a comparison with 14 insurers at a 7% illustrated rate and non-guaranteed charges.

Just got an email from Genworth saying their Foundation Builder Index UL is in the Top 3 premiums for 97%* of cells. Also says High Cap rates.

*As of 10/23/13 Based on a comparison with 14 insurers at a 7% illustrated rate and non-guaranteed charges.

Genworth really you want to go there.

Back