Indiana ACA Question

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I recently signed up for ACA plan and I'm receiving subsidy. Application wouldn't allow kids so I assumed they are on medicaid. However, I haven't received anything indicating kids' coverage. Is this normal? How do I make sure they are covered?

I recently signed up for ACA plan and I'm receiving subsidy. Application wouldn't allow kids so I assumed they are on medicaid. However, I haven't received anything indicating kids' coverage. Is this normal? How do I make sure they are covered?

Don't assume anything, after all it's a program run by the Federal Government. Be proactive and contact Indiana Medicaid. DO NOT assume that the data will be transferred (as it should) to the state Medicaid office.

Indiana Medicaid for Members

Contact Us

Now if you are turned down by Medicaid because Medicaid wasn't expanded in IN and you make too much $$ and you are turned down by the other reduced costs Hoosier programs then you can get your kids added to your plan thru the exchange.

Healthcare.gov just passes the information on to Indiana Medicaid. The eligibility letter should have said that your children MAY be eligible for Medicaid. The Medicaid office should send you a letter detailing additional information that is need to verify your income and other details. You need to call Medicaid.

You should of received your results on the healthcare.gov

In the results, it will state what agency the kids are eligible for.

Don't wait for them to contact you!

It's most likely is Hoosier healthwise. Go to Indiana Medicaid for Members and you can apply for the kids online. It will be faster this way, 45 days for a decision. If they are declined then that will create a qualifying event to put them back on the exchange plan.

Good luck

Back