Individual Health Maternity Benefit in Texas

Mar 13, 2007

1. headcoach

headcoach Super Genius

State:
    Texas
    Is there any worthwhile maternity benefit for individuals wanting an individual health polcy in Texas? I know of none. Any feedback would be appreciated

2. natem2112

natem2112 Super Genius

Coverage for the Birds & the Bees Condition.

I don't know anything about the great state of Texas...but you might want to see if they have a high risk pool with no waiting periods for the preggers condition.

I've found that this is the only way to offer coverage in my state.

3. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,, Moderator

State:
    Texas
    no there is not...you did not call me back on this after your email on this this morning....why......humana one has a rider that will treat it as any other illness for about $300 more a month on top of your reg. prem....and the max plan by assurant with a $10,000 DEDUCTIBLE is no better....but the problems most indy co's have come to realise is that when you offer mat you are putting a target on your head for $500,000 plus in neonatal claims that the isurance co'. is on the hook for because of the right to add law......

4. headcoach

headcoach Super Genius

State:
    Texas
    maternity

Thanks STIBROKER......yes I got your email and plan on calling you tomorrow thanks for the feedback

5. salpro22

salpro22 Guru

State:
    Texas
    Code:
    but the problems most indy co's have come to realise is that when you offer mat you are putting a target on your head for $500,000 plus in neonatal claims that the isurance co'. is on the hook for because of the right to add law......
    What are you talking about in the aforementioned paragraph regarding the right to add law?

salpro22, Mar 13, 2007
  6. STIBROKER

State:
    Texas
    On any health plan that does or does not cover maternity you have the right to add a new born with in 30 days of birth to either parents policy be it group or individual with out pre~x and fully covered from day one......you will have to meet a deductible and a co insurance but in my case with $250,000 worth of twins...a drop in the bucket.....

7. salpro22

salpro22 Guru

State:
    Texas
    Your insurance company paid $250,000 in medical claims for your twins?

salpro22, Mar 13, 2007
  8. natem2112

natem2112 Super Genius

Does Texas have a high-risk option?

I don't know much about TX, but if you googled Texas High Risk Insurance you would come up with this website.

I didn't have time to see if the program offers coverage for that though..

Sti would be able to let you know if this would be a viable option.

9. NHB_MMA

NHB_MMA Guru

I've always found maternity to be the one area where most individual health plans are lacking.

NHB_MMA, Mar 14, 2007
  10. STIBROKER

State:
    Texas
    yes....I was out $6,000 with deductibles and co~insurance...

they use to but if I am correct they took mat out of the plan 2 to 3 years ago just for the fact people would jump on and off of it to have babies...