Individual (Obamacare) Plan, T65

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
If someone has an Obamacare plan and wants to keep it after turning 65, enrolls in Medicare A & B, who pays first?

This is an off-exchange plan.

I assume Medicare pays first based on the rules for groups less than 20 employees but nothing I have found so far addresses individual plans and Mcare.

If someone has an Obamacare plan and wants to keep it after turning 65, enrolls in Medicare A & B, who pays first? This is an off-exchange plan. I assume Medicare pays first based on the rules for groups less than 20 employees but nothing I have found so far addresses individual plans and Mcare.
Obamacare plans are unavailable for Medicare-eligible beneficiaries. He has to drop it.

Obamacare plans are unavailable for Medicare-eligible beneficiaries.

I thought that only applied to exchange plans. This is OFF exchange.

Unable to enroll into Part B AND keep under 65 plan.

That was my thought, but now I am confused.

Assuming also Mcare is primary, Ocare is secondary.

You need to get with an indy person in that state. TX doesn't have an indy policy that goes past age 65 if you are Medicare eligible. On or off exchange.

Well, I have a rep but she doesn't return phone calls and when she does I have a 50/50 chance of getting the correct answer

You can keep your off exchange plan under aca if you're on Medicare, it's only if you are receiving a subsidy that you have to give it up.

Medicare is primary S.

Why would they want to keep it? Is it going to be cheaper than Part B, sup and pdp?

Have to edit again, maybe only certain company's in different state's allow this. FB does off exchange and we have rate sheets.

Last edited:
I can't even run numbers on the sites for over 65's.

50/50 is better than what I get.....

We can't run quotes because you cannot purchase one 65 and over, but we do have paper rates sheets that shows what the premium will be if they purchased it before 65 and want to keep. It's the same rate 64 and up regardless of how long they keep it. But I just checked and it's quite a bit more expensive than the premium for Part B, Supplement and PDP combined. Ask a rep at BCBSTX if they can keep if it's off exchange past 65.

I must have been typing while you were posting tater, I thought just about all the BC's were.

Last edited:
Back