Individual or Small Group Lines

myinsurebiz

I am what I am . . .
5000 Post Club
OK - I'm going to grab a dialer and target small / medium businesses as suggested by a forum member.

Is it best to inquire about their companies group (if any) - or, just focus on getting any response and taking any sale?

What would be the advantages of say a small group 4 to 6 versus writing one or two on individual deals?

In my area - GA, FL, SC - any recommendations on a small group carrier that is competitive?

Also - had a few people recommend handling the HR side - payroll, workers comp, etc - any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

For Georgia it seems like several of the big carriers are back in the game. Aetna, Coventry, UHC and Humana. It just really depends on the size. Nobody really seems to like <4 employees but Aetna and BC/BS will entertain them better than some of the others

OK - I'm going to grab a dialer and target small / medium businesses as suggested by a forum member.

Is it best to inquire about their companies group (if any) - or, just focus on getting any response and taking any sale?

What would be the advantages of say a small group 4 to 6 versus writing one or two on individual deals?

In my area - GA, FL, SC - any recommendations on a small group carrier that is competitive?

Also - had a few people recommend handling the HR side - payroll, workers comp, etc - any ideas?

Thanks,

Tom

4 to 6 people signed up instead of 1 or 2 would be a start I suppose. Although in my area most companies are paying 6% commission on groups less than 50. First year it is worse but subsequent years it is a point higher than I can get with some indi plans.

Back