Individually Underwritten DI

Discussion in 'Disability Insurance Forum' started by walleye, Jun 15, 2017.

1. walleye

walleye Member

I have a 60 yr old client (nearest age 61) wanting disability coverage. Perfect health. He is a conductor for a railroad.
    Does anyone know of any companies that sell individual DI at that Age.
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Well-Known Member

State:
    Nevada
    Illinois Mutual and MoO. Most of the white collar players too (Principal, Standard, Ohio National, Mass, etc.).

3. yankee466

yankee466 Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    At that age,it may even be better to propose LTC instead of LTD.....LTC will certainly be cheaper....and it lasts forever, whereas LTD may run out of gas at 65. Ohio National as I recall can go "to age 70"....and not many can.

4. David Block

David Block Well-Known Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Walleye, were you able to place your client? Did you get the proper coverage? As a railroad employee, he may have access to his pension in the event of a disability and therefor may not qualify for additional benefits. You need to know how his employer has set up their LTD plan (unless it is a private railroad).

As a previous poster mentioned, it may be better that he consider a LTCi policy. If you can find one that pays cash in lieu of reimbursement, the net result will be better. Though to qualify for benefits is a tad more difficult than a disability plan, it will protect him into the future (post retirement). As a final mention, if he needs life insurance, you may be able to solve both needs with one policy.

Best of luck.

5. walleye

walleye Member

Wrote him with Ill Mutt
    Thanks

6. David Block

David Block Well-Known Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That's awesome! I wish you continued success.