Info Gathering - Generating your OWN online leads

AdamNolan

Hi Everyone;

First off... I'd like to say thanks for welcoming me to the forum. Glad to be here. I was (unsuccessfully) a financial advisor just over 2 years ago & left to start a small direct response marketing business... but I had a realization the other day & wanted to come here and ask a few questions.

I remember back in the day I was trained using the Cotton Client Acquisition system and it was pretty good. I got a few clients from it but it was always nerve racking b/c I HATE cold calling.

Anyway... long story short. I've gotten REALLY good at lead generation for other companies in different businesses and figured I could apply what I learned in the past 2 years in the marketing business to the insurance / financial advice business.

My questions are...

Do you guys think there would be any interest in learning how to use facebook to get people into your offices? I've got a few lead generation techniques that have a near 50% closing rate. There's a lot of really GREAT tracking stuff you can do to see who your best kinds of customers are too!

Is anyone else really sharing this kind of info? There's a wide wonderful world of people who need your help :)

Cheers & thanks for the input.
Adam Schneller Nolan
CEO at AIRiUS Media

Lol - well they did in the "selling my marketing services to small businesses."

In a nutshell I'd send an email out to all the say... plumbers in Ottawa saying I would do xyz in exchange for a testimonial but nly to the first company that replied. I'd get a reply in a few hours. I'd do the work - they'd be shocked at the results. I'd book a meeting with them to discuss the results, get the written testimonial & put it in my "testimonial binder".

I used some psychology stuff to discredit my competitors (not really applicable in this situation) and then asked them to sign a 6 month contract. Nearly half of the people signed up.

The really great thing was the testimonial binder... b/c whether I closed the client or not, I got a testimonial and it looks really good walking into someones office with a binder full of 200 testimonials from businesses they recognize.

Was just thinking something along those lines could be applied to group insurance lead generation ... but what really caught my attention was how easy it is to target on facebook for private life insurance.

As an example... you can just send your ads out to people who live in your town who are interested in buying a new house (term insurance coverage)... or maybe just had a new baby. So you're reaching the right people, with the right incomes, at the right times of their lives... anyway, I could go on, but can you tell I'm really passionate about this stuff :)

Cheers
- Adam

Always nice to be passionate. But claiming a 50% closing ratio in your first post is... well...."several butcher's aprons."

No doubt you have a great website. Can you share that with us along with your bio? You may get a lot of business!

WebNanny was not used in this post
WebSkeptic was used in this post

Last edited:
Interesting approach but how do you give a sample of insurance work. There's nothing you should use instantly in insurance or you'd have terrible loss ratios

Hi Raph;

Well in the situation for insurance I'd probably use a different method. On Facebook you can target people who are say... between the ages of 30 and 40 and just had a child in the past 3 months. Then show them ads for a free book on setting up an education savings plan or something along those lines... something enticing...

Then when they they sign up you can have emails automatically sent out that look like you wrote them saying anything you want really.

You could ask them to schedule a meeting with you and they can pick the best times using automation software.

Heck... you can even have a survey automatically go out so you know who is interested in an annuity or life or health... or anything really.

It's the automation behind everything that's beautiful - And at somewhere around $1 / lead - it's a STEAL.

I just did a test run looking for married couples who had had a baby in the past 3 months within a 50km radius of Toronto & found 10,800 or some people... all that might need to update their life insurance.

That's where the power of this online marketing stuff lies. :)

Ok - now i'm gonna go reply to Chumps From Oxford and give a bit of my history :)

Cheers
- Adam

Hi ChumpsFromOxford

I'll gladly share my short business biography & some of my accomplishments.

Note* I had to remove URLS until I have 10 posts... I'll come back when I hit 10 & add the URLS, but if you want them feel free to PM me.

I suppose my biggest claim to fame would be leaving the insurance world and within 3 months closing $100,000 in contracts for local businesses who needed help with their marketing - This is the company that I did it under AIRiUS Media - feel free to check out the testimonials & such.

I really got fed up with dealing with small businesses who thought it was appropriate to call me day and night and treated me as though I was an employee of theirs - so out of frustrating I decided to create a product teaching other people how I got to 100k so fast... turns out that's a more fun business to run.

I sold almost 1000 copies of that book (at $27) in 2 weeks. A lightbulb went off in my head and I basically canceled all my contracts and worked full time in Direct Response marketing.

So I don't have an "official" business website right now since most of my pages are those ugly, flashy pages that normal people hate. But those long form sales copy pages turn 1 out of 100 people into a buyer.

So here are a few of those:
(you'll have to google the pages until I can get the URLS)

Ultimate Sales Funnel
Secret Guru Playbook

And more along the lines of something for B2B (and my personal favorite) Outsource Mastery - It's a $2000 course on how a small business (250k to 500k a year) can automate & outsource their work while scaling very fast. It's 2 months long - that's why we haven't updated that page yet.

You can also see a pic of me speaking about that from stage at the same URL.

I recently found out that my courses have been downloaded approx 250,000 times (according to Amazon) and I've got somewhere around 20,000 customers across various products. I've spoken at sold out events, been on experts panels in different markets & generally have tried to accomplish a lot in the past little while.

Just to show you guys I'm not fibbing (and I hate doing this...) but I attached an income screenshot from some of the products that I listed. Note* a few have been updated with higher prices / more content and not all the products/ services were on this platform either. ---***NOTE: Couldn't do this b/c I don't have 10 posts***---- Will update later.

Anyway... I guess I had to write all that to show you guys I'm not faking this stuff & I do have a few really cool ideas...

Now, back to the question :)

Do you think people would be interested in a course on how to use some basic stuff on the web to automate lead generation & booking appointments? What are some problems you guys are running into with your leads? Maybe I can help.

Cheers
-Adam

Hi Guys;

I did post 2 replies (all within the right guidelines)... yet none of them have been posted. How come?

Cheers
- Adam

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD said:
I see three posts, unless you are talking about two additional ones.

Anyhow...can you provide your website? And a bit of background info? As I mentioned, you may pick up a lot of business.

Who are you talking to? Your post is the only one I see. You might want to slow down on the seo business. I think the stress is getting to you....

Back