Info on Assurrance and Select Quote

Roses39

Hi,
I am looking for insight on working with Assurance or Select quote telesales where the calls come to you. There are no lead costs and prospects call you based on tv commmercials and then are transferred to the agent. What an average income would be? I know it’s a numbers game, but wondering if it would be worth my time. I saw something where average is 30-40 calls per week and made around $2,000-$4,000 a week. Is this accurate?

Thank you

All I can say is that I have not heard good things. Empty promises being the main issue.

Assurance leads come from digital contact forns which they call 100 times a day until someone answers. That is imo an unethical way to run a business, and you will get a lot of angry phone prospects.

I just left SQ in the middle of AEP because the money wasn't there. Also they expect you to be on the phone 70% of the day but you don't get to turn your phone system off for your hour lunch break so that goes against you. They also tier their employees so if your call time isn't high they put you at the bottom of the list to receive calls, even if your sales are high. I saw some really good agents leave quickly. They would not tell us the commission structure until a few days before AEP started which is very sketchy... I can say they had great training however.

I think Select Quote only hires outside agents to sell Medicare products. No life is available. You are not going to make $4000 a week making 40 calls to Medicare Advantage prospects. You would have to make 10 times that many calls.

I have been told that if LOA works for you, you can make a decent living with Assurance. I know an agent who works this system very well. There are, however, more advantages to being an indie and finding the right IMO/FMO or Agency Manage fit so that you are paid full commission directly from the carrier.

Back