Insane Customers Out There?

Does anyone go through this and if not, what do you do to have customers who DONT take advantage of you. Ive been in the business a few years, but as of late, seem to be having issues with abusive and weird customers. A lady filed a complaint against me, and made up a lot of lies. I had to write to the DOI, explain myself. This same creature then called another company stating she didnt authorize a dental plan, when she did and threatened to sue me. This woman is mentally unstable, mentally ill, evil and crazy. I think she needs to be locked up. Right now I'm the target of this nutcase who just wants to attack me for no reason in every way possible. I was nothing but helpful nice and respectful to her- she is certifiably crazy. I do feel shes taking advantage of me because I am overly nice and kind. This female thing is really on a powertrip just to destroy me or make me suffer- she's already held me 'responsible for anything that happens to her grandson" and said some crazy awful things to me. I didnt realize customers had this much power over agents? Don't they dismiss crazies like this? I'm surprised..I was nothing but kind and nice to her, helped her out, gave her a ton of options, and if she cant get in touch with me, she went berzerk and began sending me nasty emails. Now she's reporting me everywhere and is really psycho. And she has the ability to do this?

Ive had other customers, some just act crazy too-

example: sold a policy to a guy, took about 10 tries to get his payment information. Finally got it. It's a very good priced policy. He claims he's enrolled in automatic payments- which he's not. Now he's calling and harassing me like a madperson, saying I need to cancel his policy and angry. Angry over what? These people are really nuts...can't he call and turn autopay off? no he has to call and harass me and freak out over nothing. It's kind of scary- one little issue thats not even my doing, and they get psycho, take it out on me, the agent, blame me and get crazy about it.

I also give customers more payment options rather than just charging them on the spot- i try to be nicer to them and do things to help them out, but ive always done this. But it feels like some just get crazy and take advantage of it. Another customer gets legitimately charged for a policy, doesn't understand the charges, and is saying he 'wants to call his lawyer"...is it normal for customers to 'threaten lawsuits' over authorized charges?

I own a debit card- i get all kinds of charges that some even aren't authorized and need to call and get a refund. I don't freak out, threaten lawsuits and begin harassing people. I dont cancel policies b/c of one discrepancy. What is wrong with these people and how do you handle them- worse why do they feel entitled to terrorizing the agent and acting like psychos. Ive also been in all kinds of sales in my life and have never dealt with such uncivil crazy people in my life-- do you have to be meaner to these people and not so nice?

Gooner?

It has happened to most agents at some time or another, but it seems like you are taking on quite a few nutjobs. You just have to recognize the symptoms before you write the business and have the discipline to walk away from the sale.

Here's an idea for you: You may need to set up a Client Engagement Agreement Letter that spells out your responsibilities, client responsibilities, and what you do NOT do. Have your client sign it and you sign it... and do this BEFORE you do any work.

Figure this out in advance BEFORE you sell them a policy.

You can also include how you are compensated and asking for introductions to others in this engagement agreement.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Aha....now it makes more sense.

Are you still sad :frown:

lucy_pit_bull_01.jpg_w450.jpg

Back