Instagram Ad "Secure Agent Mentor"

Weird... Just got ad on my instagram feed from "Secure Agent Mentor". So I clicked because it was "lead" driven. Then when I clicked it was more "lead" driven content. Hmm. It seems these superstars "agents" or "agencies" push there leads a lot. WHY? The Jerk did it, Primatech did it, etc etc. Is is cuz they broke and that is the real money maker? Is it cuz the hype isn't real about how much they sell? Thoughts?

Probably because leads are the lifeblood of an agent’s consistent success.

Pie in the sky commissions and all the promises in the world don’t mean a hill of beans if I don’t have people to see on a week in week out basis.

That’s why out of all of the lead programs that are out there I’m still convinced that the fixed priced direct mail lead is always going to be at least tied for first.

There’s nothing like knowing I have 30 plus brand new leads to print off every single Saturday. I don’t have to worry about do not call lists in teleleads or the distance between leads w the tv/internet leads (if I want to go rural). I can dial in my settings, put it on cruise control and focus solely on fine tuning my sales!

Probably because leads are the lifeblood of an agent’s consistent success.

Pie in the sky commissions and all the promises in the world don’t mean a hill of beans if I don’t have people to see on a week in week out basis.

That’s why out of all of the lead programs that are out there I’m still convinced that the fixed priced direct mail lead is always going to be at least tied for first.

There’s nothing like knowing I have 30 plus brand new leads to print off every single Saturday. I don’t have to worry about do not call lists in teleleads or the distance between leads w the tv/internet leads (if I want to go rural). I can dial in my settings, put it on cruise control and focus solely on fine tuning my sales!
So is he trying to sell leads or sell leads to recruit? It seems they push selling leads a lot, I have gotten phone calls from them too. Just wondering.

I don’t know personally. I must not be high enough on the pecking order yet because they haven’t called me!

If I had to lay money down I’d say a combination of both. They’ll make money on the leads they sell AND try to recruit the agent. That’s par for the course for most of what I’ve seen in this industry.

I’d say about 10%. I get zero leads that speak “no English”. I’m sure that has more to do with area of the country more than anything. I would probably exclude those zip codes in my mailings if it were a big issue for me seeing as I am barely fluent in one vernacular as it is. After all the midwestern vocab runs pretty deep.

I have heard from other Facebook marketers and their cost per lead isn’t as high as some here have lead us to believe. Or these marketers are just better than those around here (which I doubt).

These guys are definitely trying to make money both off the leads and the recruiting.

It is what it is. If they are charging $25-30 per lead for non-contracted agents and $20 for their contracted agents, what does that tell you?

But who cares? Lest we forget, we are all trying to make a dime here. That’s our capitalistic system.

I would guess there is a discount for bulk with leads as well so it may work best to do it that way as it would reduce cost for the downlines and can make a penny with the overage as well.

Here's my take on it:

Driving all across the countryside and city to market to people who, in many cases, live in poverty is a difficult sales job to be in. You are, many times, going into homes that are in disrepair, and if you do it long enough, you will find yourself in a number of non-ideal situations. The day I sold a lady who literally had dog feces in the middle of her living room (which I had to step around) was the day I stopped selling face to face. I got into the lead business, I was burnt out.

The money is good in final expense sales, but with what a typical agent has to go through in a day you'd think they'd make an episode of "Dirty Jobs" about it.

For many successful agents who sold face to face, their comes a time when you contemplate; "Is this really what I want to do for the rest of my life?" The answer is typically "no", but since you've made money at it, you capitalize on your experience and bring value to the market place by means of training, leads, and providing contracts.

This is why so many "successful" agents are recruiting and selling leads. The job is difficult, and they'd much rather make a living working from an office, than they would doing the "dirty job".

This is partly why you are seeing an uptick in final expense telesales. Many agents are simply tired of sitting on damp couch cushions to make money.

I have heard from other Facebook marketers and their cost per lead isn’t as high as some here have lead us to believe. Or these marketers are just better than those around here (which I doubt).

These guys are definitely trying to make money both off the leads and the recruiting.
Lead cost means nothing. I can throw up an ad right now that says "fill this out for a free Walmart gift card & you also get a quote for life insurance!" & I would get leads for dirt cheap.

But is that really a lead? I'd rather pay $20+ for someone who knows exactly what it is & is actively searching for our product. That way I don't have to sift through all the crap & get burned out in the process. Not fun.

Here's a video where I outline all the hoops I make them jump through to make sure it's a quality lead. (No I'm not selling leads.) I also filter out certain demographics which increases quality but also increases cost.

Last edited:
Lead cost means nothing. I can throw up an ad right now that says "fill this out for a free Walmart gift card & you also get a quote for life insurance!" & I would get leads for dirt cheap.

But is that really a lead? I'd rather pay $20+ for someone who knows exactly what it is & is actively searching for our product. That way I don't have to sift through all the crap & get burned out in the process. Not fun.

Here's a video where I outline all the hoops I make them jump through to make sure it's a quality lead. (No I'm not selling leads.) I also filter out certain demographics which increases quality but also increases cost.

So, do you know Karate? :err:

Back