Insulin Cost Help for Next Year?

Fisher

Guru
1000 Post Club
GA
With Humana doing away with the doughnut hole pricing for needle and vial insulin on their diabetic SNP for 2016 I've got a bunch of clients in a world of hurt. My go-to offshore pharmacy is no help as the cost of refrigerated shipping eats away at any savings. I can't find a manufacturer's discount program that will work for a person that has either MAPD/PDP.

Anyone know of other options to help defray the absurd cost of insulin? Thanks very much in advance (I hope!)

----------

After most of the day looking for a possible answer I found this--

https://www.benefitscheckup.org/cf/ec/index.cfm?menu_tab=index&partner_id=11&org_id=&user_id=

As it turns out some drugs do indeed qualify for a manufacturer's PAP. Which makes me a bit giddy.

With Humana doing away with the doughnut hole pricing for needle and vial insulin on their diabetic SNP for 2016 I've got a bunch of clients in a world of hurt. My go-to offshore pharmacy is no help as the cost of refrigerated shipping eats away at any savings. I can't find a manufacturer's discount program that will work for a person that has either MAPD/PDP.

Anyone know of other options to help defray the absurd cost of insulin? Thanks very much in advance (I hope!)

----------

After most of the day looking for a possible answer I found this--

https://www.benefitscheckup.org/cf/ec/index.cfm?menu_tab=index&partner_id=11&org_id=&user_id=

As it turns out some drugs do indeed qualify for a manufacturer's PAP. Which makes me a bit giddy.

Wow, thanks, I must have been drifting off during the 2 or 3 workshops where the benefits checkup was described, or they left out the part that it would also look for RX copay/gap help. Having that automated with the other parts is very good. I haven't used it yet. Have spent time looking up resources for those with expensive prescriptions.

or they left out the part that it would also look for RX copay/gap help.

Yep, I never heard this part of it mentioned either.

----------

I'll take a look at those too, Somarco. Thanks. For the record, I couldn't care less if the help comes from an outfit that a carrier is advertising. As long as I find the help! lol

Yep, I never heard this part of it mentioned either.

----------

I'll take a look at those too, Somarco. Thanks. For the record, I couldn't care less if the help comes from an outfit that a carrier is advertising. As long as I find the help! lol

A lot of mentions of heating assistance, etc, not that those aren't important. I will point this out to the area rep. Since we deal directly with RX issues, um, this seems significant.

Thanks Bob!

Heating bill assistance, etc just go with the territory. I look at that like Extra Help which is non-commissionable.

No, I won't help you fill out the forms but I will point you to someone that can help you. Sometimes my strongest referrals come from people I help but on a non-revenue basis.

People remember unselfish acts.

Back