insulin pump client questions

yorkriver1

Guru
1000 Post Club
Virginia
1. as of July 1, the monthly cap is $35/month
2. Medicare.gov says their system may not calculate right for insulin for 2023
3. Their calc when inputting Humalog U100 shows that the cost would go into the coverage gap
4. is that correct? (I only input the Humalog to see the effect)
5. this client gets their insulin at a pharmacy

So if things start July 1 for pump people, my client starting 5/1/23 on a Medicare PDP will have a couple of expensive months?

Call Alliance Walgreens. You need a pharmacy that can bill part B and there are very , very few retail pharmacies that can do it. Assuming G, it’s covered at 100% after the Part B deductible

Or pay the $35/month retail.

Call Alliance Walgreens. You need a pharmacy that can bill part B and there are very , very few retail pharmacies that can do it. Assuming G, it’s covered at 100% after the Part B deductible

Will send the alliance
You assume correctly on Plan G. Although N would also do the same. A few clients like N, others just want more security.
Sending Alliance link to the client. They don't start plans we set up until 5/1/23. Time to make the connection. Fortunately, Walgreens is in the network for their PDP's. Only one of them needs the supplies/insulin.

The pharmacist on web chat says local Walgreens can file Part B for pumps, glucose monitors and for the insulin vials. Suggested the client visit their local Walgreens to see how they respond, or are not on board. As where you are, I assume, there are Walgreens all over the place. Made it clear, client must inform them it's Part B + Supplement Plan G, will pay 100%.

Back