Insurance agent credit

Discussion in 'P&C Insurance Forum' started by insuranceman77, Mar 11, 2008.

1. insuranceman77

insuranceman77 New Member

State:

Is it hard for a start up agency to get appointed with bad credit? Also are there any companies that will approve agents with bad credit and what are the best companies for a start up agent to apply

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  2. bluemarlin08

bluemarlin08 Well-Known Member

State:

It is all fact dependent. If you have a good story, and you are back on track, you can get appointed. Might be difficult to qualify for advances. PM me for further advice. I had a brain tumor several years a go and it took a toll financially so I know first hand.

3. lisar1208

lisar1208 Well-Known Member

State:

are you talking about L&H or P&C or both?

4. Insurance Phoenix

Insurance Phoenix Well-Known Member

State:

Not sure if they check credit but they certainly are interested to know if you have a book of business to work or prior industry experience.

5. BRIS

BRIS Member

State:

Travelers is pretty tough on your credit... had a few producers turned down as a result (says something about the producers!).

6. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Well-Known Member

State:

There's another thread where there were a lot of good suggestions about credit (I posted some but there were others who had good ideas as well). You may want to check for that. Most "repair" strategies are fairly easy to implement. You should be prepared with explanation letters for anything considered "abnormal" like a charge-off - meaning, don't wait til they ask you for an explanation, get it in writing right now and be ready to fax/email if necessary.

7. Matthew-HTDI

Matthew-HTDI Member

State:

Feel free to PM me your situation, I'll see if I can offer any advice.

8. nate124

nate124 Guest

You can have completely trashed credit and have no problems getting appointed with:

World
    Assurant
    Golden Rule

Some life insurance companies may give you a harder time... but as far as getting appointed to sell health, you will be fine no matter what really.