Insurance agent Software

Sam

Founder
Administrator
One of our members, Frank Stasny, sells an piece of software for insurance agents to manage all of their contacts, their deals, run reports, send letters and much more.

I asked him if he would be willing to give a special discount to the forum members, and he graciously accepted.

The deal was supposed to be only valid on his Birthday, but we had a bit of confusion, and the thread got deleted, so we are going to pretend that his birthday is next week, on March 5th.

So, the deal is, anyone who purchases the software on March 5th gets a discount of $87 from the usual price of $286. You can learn more about the functionality of the software by visiting his website www.yourinsuranceoffice.com You can also take it for a test drive by downloading the demo on his site.

If you wish to qualify for the discount, you must order by phone, because the website is not set up to offer discounts. Or, you can purchase it online and he will mail you a refund check for $87.

You can probably deduct the cost as a business expense.

Thanks,

Sam

I have been using Frank's software for a couple months now and love it.

I also use it

I've also been using the product & find that it is specifically geared to insurance & has some nice features. The ability to specify type of policy (i.e., life, health,etc.), to input premium amounts, commission amts, etc. are all very nice & meet a lot of insurance needs that other programs do not.

You can also run a variety of reports--birthday reports (I ran mine for March today), renewal reports, etc.

One big plus is the ability to move a "prospect" record to a "client" record once a sale is made is very nice.

Easy to use overall & specific to the industry. Frank gives great support too, so users can get any questions answered at any time. :o

I stumbled across Frank's website today and was interested, but didn't know if it was just another one of the million client management programs. To hear others use and reccommend it makes a difference. I think I'll have a closer look. Anyone else use this software?

Insurancefriendly,

"I stumbled across Frank's website today..." I hope you didn't hurt yourself. :lol:

If any of you have any questions about "Your Insurance Office" (YIO) please don't hesitate to call my toll-free number anytime between now and Monday evening.

There may be “millions” of other insurance software programs out there, but once you look at YIO I think you will agree that there is only one "Your Insurance Office".

No other program for L&H agents is as feature rich and easy to use. If you can use a mouse and a keyboard you can load it and begin working immediately. It does not require extensive training and there is no huge "learning curve". (It's so simple even a caveman can use it. :) )

It is also priced way below any of the others, especially on Monday, and is the only one I know of that comes with unlimited, toll-free phone support.

Think of your investment in YIO like this:

If you make one sale you otherwise wouldn’t have made because the program has helped you become better organized, your first year commission from that one sale will more than cover the cost of the program. From that point forward you are using YIO for “Free”.

Frank Stastny said:
Insurancefriendly,

"I stumbled across Frank's website today..." I hope you didn't hurt yourself. :lol:

If any of you have any questions about "Your Insurance Office" (YIO) please don't hesitate to call my toll-free number anytime between now and Monday evening.

There may be “millions” of other insurance software programs out there, but once you look at YIO I think you will agree that there is only one "Your Insurance Office".

No other program for L&H agents is as feature rich and easy to use. If you can use a mouse and a keyboard you can load it and begin working immediately. It does not require extensive training and there is no huge "learning curve". (It's so simple even a caveman can use it. :) )

It is also priced way below any of the others, especially on Monday, and is the only one I know of that comes with unlimited, toll-free phone support.

Think of your investment in YIO like this:

If you make one sale you otherwise wouldn’t have made because the program has helped you become better organized, your first year commission from that one sale will more than cover the cost of the program. From that point forward you are using YIO for “Free”.

Frank,

Can you compare your software with Agency Expert? Pros and cons. Why one would be better than the other? Also, if I already own Agency Expert, is there a way to convert all the data?

sman,

I will do my best to be as objective as possible. To eliminate any confusion and to make sure the following information is correct I have copied and pasted some information from their website. The pasted info is in red.

Base price for AE: Agent Partner $495, Base Support Fee $150 / Year (NOTE: Agent Partner is their least expensive version. They say that for the first 6 months support is free.)

Palm Pilot Synchronization Module $95/user + Additional $10/user/yr. Support Fee

MS Outlook Synchronization: $295 + Additional $50/yr. Support Fee

Purchasing Agent Partner and adding the modules for Palm Pilot and Outlook brings the price to $885.00 not counting the additional cost for support.

To get a full-working demo: My signature below authorizes GBS, Inc. to charge my credit card in the amount of $100 for the AGENCY EXPERT for Windows “full working demonstration system.” I understand that this fee is NON-REFUNDABLE under ANY circumstances. I also understand that this $100 fee will be applied towards my purchase of AGENCY EXPERT if/when I wish to finalize said purchase.

The following is copied and pasted from their "Software/Service Order Form" page and is a partial list of their "Pricing Worksheet" on that page.

Telephone Training Non-Refundable $100 per hour; Conversion/Data Importing Non-Refundable $65 per hour;
Pay Per Call Support Non-Refundable $100 (per instance)

Your Insurance Office v4.0

The base price, which is the one and only price, for the single user version of YIO is normally $286.00. On Monday it is $199.00.

You can put the single user version of YIO on a total of two computers at no additional cost. (This is only for an agent who wants YIO on both his laptop and PC. Not for two agents to use.)

Technical Support and any training needed is unlimited and toll-free for as long as you are using YIO. As in forever.

YIO will sync specific data from both the Client and Prospect databases to any PDA, not just Palm Pilots. No additional charge for support.

Outlook synchronization is built into YIO and as easy as clicking a button on the Main Menu. There is no extra charge for support.

There is a FREE, FULL-WORKING DEMO of YIO on my website. It is the actual program you will use if you purchase YIO.

Those are just a few of the many differences. I have never actually used their program and have never paid the $100.00 to view their Demo. My best advice would be go to their website, www.gbsinc.com and look around. Then go to mine. www.YourInsuranceOffice.com

I'm confident that once you look at both websites you will instantly see which of the two is going to be the easiest and quickest to use, provide you with the information you really need and which one is going to be your best long-term investment.

In almost all cases we will import data from other programs for a flat fee of $99.00, regardless of how much data you have.

I hope this helps.

Interesting

Sounds really nice Frank. I'm going to definitley download the demo this weekend and play with it. I'll probably call in on Monday and order a copy, but I have a couple of quick question:

I'm planning on putting the software on my desktop and my laptop. I'm also planning on reformatting both hard drives in a couple of weeks.

1. If I install the full version now & then reformat later will there be a licensing conflict?

2. Also, what if I buy a new laptop (thinking about it) and give my old one to my wife. Can I take it off the old one & put it on the new one?

Thanks,

Jonny

p.s. Looked in FAQ and didn't see the answers to those questions.

Good Questions

I would wait to install and begin working with YIO until after your hard drives have been reformatted. It could possibly create a conflict. Since you are going to do that anyway I would suggest you wait.

I have my hard drives reformatted at least once a year just because of all the crap that gets by every program I use to try to block it.

I'm always amazed at how much faster my computers run after reformatting. It is like having a new computer.

When someone purchases a new computer I have no problem giving them a new unlock code for that computer. That is unless the same person is buying a "new computer" every week and wants something like ten unlock codes.

That's great to hear Frank, especially about the new computer. I won't / have no desire to abuse that.

Just one thing bugging me though. I (much like you) also like to reformat my computer once a year. You are right, it's like having a brand new computer. I would hate to think I have to start the software over or possibly even re-buy the software every year. =/

Other than that concern, the software is rather impressive looking and seems to be very reasonably priced.

Back