Insurance Agent's Daily Action Plan

pandeleour

Hi there!

I've recently started working as a captive insurance agent in Athens, Greece. I'm constantly trying to improve my skills and knowledge on the policies I sell and find ways to better serve my clients.

As such, I spend quite a bit of time on the Internet looking for books and articles to read. One thing I come across on a regular basis, is advice by top producers to create a daily action plan. More specific than a general business plan, they suggest putting your daily schedule on paper and sticking to it.

While I've had success in selling these past four months, I can't help but feel that a good part of that can be attributed to luck. I often find myself prospecting at all hours of the day, answering emails on an irregular basis, and doing after sales service when I generally find the time. I'd like to have something more concrete that I can turn to for guidance when there just aren't enough hours in the day!

However, I'm just not sure where to begin. I can't seem to find anything like a template or a how-to guide on the web. Something that will help me set goals and a step by step plan on how to best achieve those goals. Goals such as income from comissions, sure, but also how to tighten up operations and better serve my clients.

Any advice would be most welcome. Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Sincerely,
Thomas E. Pandelakis

xrac, thanks for posting site. I refer agents out to a lot of different products that can be helpful to their business. I'll check them out.

xrac,

Thanks so much for the feedback. This was my first post on insurance forums and it’s good to see that it’s a great place to get a relevant answer to my questions as well as guidance and support.

Tampa Bay Rep,

Following a link from the website xrac suggested, I found what basically appears to be an online version (CAM system) in Alberstein Consulting's website. Thought that might of some use to you and your agents.

Fischer and Chazm,

Thanks so much for the feedback. This was my first post on insurance forums and it’s good to see that it’s a great place to get a relevant answer to my questions as well as guidance and support.

I'd have to agree with the One Card System. I've used it and still do to some extent. It helps especially when you seem to get off track and start to get into a slump. After you get some experience in the insurance field, you will develop a routine and know what you have to do.
We all need to have some kind of plan in place.
Good luck

Fischer and Chazm,

Thanks so much for the feedback. This was my first post on insurance forums and it’s good to see that it’s a great place to get a relevant answer to my questions as well as guidance and support.[/quote]

If you are looking for advice relevant to your question on this forum, I would say you will need to get 10 answers from agents to get 2 that are actually helpful.

I would recommend a good CRM to keep you driving toward the goal. I really like oprius.com but you can also use your Microsoft Outlook. The problem with CRMs is "trash in=trash out" meaning you really have to keep it updated with info.

I am looking for a "Prospect and Quoting" type planner. Not an appointment planner. Something in paper form.
Anyone have a screen shot of the OCS planner pages? Did not see one on the site.

Any suggestions.

Lee

For me, a daily schedule worked good for about 60 days. I became an agent to be an entrepreneur and not a project manager. Keeping a daily schedule is great for new agents, but after a short while it gets really old. You should be able to have your support staff do all the daily repetitive actions and you focus on setting up the systems and closing sales. Make sure you start focusing on internet systems, like autoresponders and Facebook.

Kevin APinsurance

Back