Insurance and Expired Registration

2May1Fair5

Good Morning All,

First post and I would greatly appreciate any knowledge you can spare. I was recently involved in an auto accident a few weeks back on my Motorcycle. A woman pulled into an intersection without seeing me (my lane had no signs or signals) and I hit her. My motorcycle was fully insured but the registration had expired a few months prior. Since she had only the state minimum and my bike was totaled and valued much higher, can my insurance company deny my claim?

Not normally, insurance and DMV(Registration) is separate. The same way you can add an unregistered car or motorcycle to a policy and have insurance but no registration, so no have never seen anything be denied on that standing but you can or could still get a ticket for it.

Your license and registration will be suspended, and you will need to pay fines and penalties. If your vehicle does not have insurance and you or someone else driving your uninsured vehicle are involved in a traffic crash, the DMV will revoke your driver license and vehicle registration for at least one year.

Back