Insurance Claim Advice Needed

arold10

Hello, I have a Toyota Corolla 1998 which had a engine knocking problem back in May 12. I did know that the engine would be gone at some point.

I was planning on buying another car somewhere at the end of this year. However, I had a rear-end accident on Saturday. The damage wasn't that severe in the back.

The other driver was found to be at fault. So I was planning on getting it repaired by filing for a claim. But today it seems like the engine is close to be gone.

What should I do in this case?

It is almost certain that the cost to repair the damages exceeds the value of the vehicle. Stop driving it at this point while the engine still runs. You'll get offered the market value of the vehicle, which probably isn't much. You can use that money towards your next vehicle.

Agree. File your claim with the other driver's insurance. Your car was in operable condition when you got hit. If it's a total loss the claim will be settled based on the mileage and the overall condition of the car. If the car is repairable, you'll get money for the repairs but you have no obligation to do the repairs if you are content to drive the car in that condition and use the claim money toward your next car.

Latest posts

Back