Insurance Company that Will Take Vicious Dogs

dahonored1

Expert
I have a customer that bought their home in Queens, NY that's getting non-renewed. They bought a pitbull and boxer a few years back and now when I remarket them, no one want's to take them with the dogs. Anyone have any idea what companies will entertain them?

I have a customer that bought their home in Queens, NY that's getting non-renewed. They bought a pitbull and boxer a few years back and now when I remarket them, no one want's to take them with the dogs. Anyone have any idea what companies will entertain them?

I have a pit bull and was dropped by Cumberland when they saw my dog through the window while out on a storm damage claim (insurance was obtained long before the dog).

I got insurance through Farmers with no issue. They don't care about breed, only bite history. State Farm is what my mother uses for her German Shepherds. Nationwide would also insure me with an extra liability rider (not expensive) to cover the dog.

Encompass, AMICA, State FARM, Grange (with exclusion.)

I don't think I have access to any of that (direct/wholesale). I do have encompass through SmartChoice, which they require the auto/home combo..Must be my disadvantage of being in downstate NY :goofy:

----------

I have a pit bull and was dropped by Cumberland when they saw my dog through the window while out on a storm damage claim (insurance was obtained long before the dog).

I got insurance through Farmers with no issue. They don't care about breed, only bite history. State Farm is what my mother uses for her German Shepherds. Nationwide would also insure me with an extra liability rider (not expensive) to cover the dog.

Last I checked, State Farm doesnt write downstate NY anymore..unless I am wrong. Farmers definitely won't write downstate NY, just tried with them.

Back