Insurance Examiner Almost Caused Woman's Death

Joey g

Expert
How come in most states insurance examination technicians are not certified? An examiner seriously injured a woman when she took a blood sample a few months back. The woman almost lost complete use of her right arm. It is obvious the examiner drawing the blood had no idea of what she was doing. There have been many cases like this of late. Some life insurance companies require that the examiners be certified but many do not. The ones that do not require certification are asking for law suits.

Re: Life Insurance Almost Caused Woman's Death

How come in most states insurance examination technicians are not certified? An examiner seriously injured a woman when she took a blood sample a few months back. The woman almost lost complete use of her right arm. It is obvious the examiner drawing the blood had no idea of what she was doing. There have been many cases like this of late. Some life insurance companies require that the examiners be certified but many do not. The ones that do not require certification are asking for law suits.

do you work for the NAA.........

With instances like you described, insurance companies are definately putting themselves at risk of lawsuits if they have technicians, who do not know what they are doing, who are injuring people.

What is NAA???
I am a retired insurance salesperson, thank God. But recently I have been reading about injuries caused by medical examiners. An attorney friend mentioned to me that he has had three malpractice suits for injuries resulting by blood draws from Life Insurance Examiners. One was very serious where the client almost died from bleeding and infection. So far only a few states require certified insurance examiners and not all insurance companies even bother to ask about who is drawing blood and doing the exam. This is a dangerous situation for everyone, the client, the examiner and the insurance company.

Interesting first post. I have been an insurance agent for almost 30 years and have never heard of a incident like that.

Last edited:

Interesting first post. I have been an insurance agent for almost 30 years and have never heard of it incident like that.

Umm yeah you got evidence to back this claim? I don't mean hearsay he-said-she-said stuff. I've never had an issue. And know no one who has had an issue.

Here all this time I thought you had to at least be a phlebotomist to draw blood.

Back