Insurance for Attached Single Family Home?

sharingan625

Hi guys,

First post here. Nice to meet you all.

I am in bit of a weird situation.

My new house shares a wall with next door neighbor, but is still considered a single family home. The HoA does not cover anything.

I cannot get a single family home insurance because i have a shared wall, and i can't get a condo insurance because then the exterior won't be covered.

Escrow company is telling me to get 2 different insurance, which i think is ridiculous.

What can i do in this situation? is there any type of home insurance that covers my situation?

Thanks.

Can't you insure it as a town home end unit? (think of your situation as a row of townhomes where there are only two homes and they're both end units)

I am not familiar with CA but this should be doable. Find an agent that is familiar with 'fee-simple' properties. It simply means that you own your portion of the building and are responsible for the exterior of the building as well as the interior. I even have an insured that owns an interior condo unit and he is responsible for his portion of the exterior.

Hi guys,

First post here. Nice to meet you all.

I am in bit of a weird situation.

My new house shares a wall with next door neighbor, but is still considered a single family home. The HoA does not cover anything.

I cannot get a single family home insurance because i have a shared wall, and i can't get a condo insurance because then the exterior won't be covered.

Escrow company is telling me to get 2 different insurance, which i think is ridiculous.

What can i do in this situation? is there any type of home insurance that covers my situation?

Thanks.

I can help you if you still need help on the insurance. drop me your info www.A1InsuranceAZ.com

You need to check with various insurance agents because all the agents have their different methods to make people fool. So cross check it with many agents then take a particular decision.

You need to check with various insurance agents because all the agents have their different methods to make people fool. So cross check it with many agents then take a particular decision.

How many fool are you looking to make??:goofy::no::spinny:

Back