Insurance for Independents

Advisor06

Guru
100+ Post Club
I know many of you are independent agents and I would love to potentially make the switch but I am stuck in the captive state of mind relying on the "health benefits" and have been wondering what you "independent" guys do for coverage? My current company costs close to $1200 for a family plan and I feel that is alot of money but everyone tells me that is the going rate.

I know many of you are independent agents and I would love to potentially make the switch but I am stuck in the captive state of mind relying on the "health benefits" and have been wondering what you "independent" guys do for coverage? My current company costs close to $1200 for a family plan and I feel that is alot of money but everyone tells me that is the going rate.

Shop your coverage and see what it will cost. Some on the people on here can help. Also realize that by next year everything including you current deal will change.

There's your answer..........Jersey. A screwed up market where supposedly a small group plan costs less than individual plans due to guarantee issue laws. A window into Obamacare. Move to a different state.

Thanks for the help... I spoke with them and they said they can't write in NJ and I need to contact a individual agency.

lol. that sucks.

I think there are a few IMOs out there that offer HI, but you obviously have to meet minimum production levels and usually with certain companies... which basically makes you not indy anymore...

Unless someone in your family is uninsurable you should never tie your health insurance up with your employer. For the exact same reasons you are going through.

After January 1st you will be free to move it even if someone has major health problems.

If the employer wants to pay the premium, fine. Doesn't sound like that is your case.

Back