Insurance Forums Vs IMO Training

deadhead

Guru
1000 Post Club
I have seen many people come on here and ask which IMO or FMO has good training and where should they go. Honestly if one would take the time to search, read and listen to the vets on here you will get great training. There has been some of the best advice on here that I have ever heard or read. The best part is you are not stuck in a conference room with a trainer droning on for hours about the millions of dollars of premium placed, his closing ratio of 95%, being a MDRT producer 67 years in a row, his setting 47 appointments a week, and all magically doing this after being in the field only three weeks. Thank you vets. I would name each of you but I will invariably forget one and hurt a feeling

Face-to-face training from one manager beats the information overload you get on here.

Xs 2. Not even a close second. The problem here is we are experts that think we have the best way. X will say never do this and Y will say always do that. Or Q will tell you what works best in Beaver Pelt Kentucky and Z says no that never works in Oh Snap LA.

F2F training is hands down better than weekly webinars or weekly phone chats. Of course the next guy is probably going to say the opposite and show you his 1099 or production to prove it. Nature of the beast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Insurance Forums

There are all sorts of ways that agents get started in this biz. If the agent is green as they come, has no idea what to do, what products or companies to focus on, has never owned or run a business, etc. they will almost certainly die on the vine trying to go it alone. And by alone I mean with the forum info and with info from am FMO like me. They just won't do what they need to do. They will spin in so many circles and listen to so many people they have no chance.

Working in an agency with other agents and a good manager is the proven way for the best ones to catch on and succeed. And even then, most will fail.

What the forum and/or a good FMO can do is attract the attention of the ones that are in a bad situation. It helps them understand how their intubation compares to others. It opens they eyes to how others work outside of their agency.

Once an agent has a basic understanding of what to do, the forum and/or a decent upline that only helps them over the phone can be all the agent needs to succeed. They can get out there and make sales and earn a living and be independent.

The worst thing about this forum is, it's like a bunch of different people giving different opinions all at the same time and a new agent has no clue as to which ones to listen to. They are spinning in a tornado of information.

I guess I am referring to the boiler room sessions that some of the more unscrupulous IMOs have

There are all sorts of ways that agents get started in this biz. If the agent is green as they come, has no idea what to do, what products or companies to focus on, has never owned or run a business, etc. they will almost certainly die on the vine trying to go it alone. And by alone I mean with the forum info and with info from am FMO like me. They just won't do what they need to do. They will spin in so many circles and listen to so many people they have no chance.

Working in an agency with other agents and a good manager is the proven way for the best ones to catch on and succeed. And even then, most will fail.

What the forum and/or a good FMO can do is attract the attention of the ones that are in a bad situation. It helps them understand how their intubation compares to others. It opens they eyes to how others work outside of their agency.

Once an agent has a basic understanding of what to do, the forum and/or a decent upline that only helps them over the phone can be all the agent needs to succeed. They can get out there and make sales and earn a living and be independent.

The worst thing about this forum is, it's like a bunch of different people giving different opinions all at the same time and a new agent has no clue as to which ones to listen to. They are spinning in a tornado of information.

Newby when you say "working in an agency with other agents" are you talking about being captive or with a group that is independent? If you mean captive can someone work for a captive company and be successful focusing on FE?

Newby when you say "working in an agency with other agents" are you talking about being captive or with a group that is independent? If you mean captive can someone work for a captive company and be successful focusing on FE?

You can be captive and be with a local agency that sells several companies. That is probably the best set up for a totally green agent.

You could also learn as a captive for an agency such as Western-Southern, American General, Transanerica, etc. it could be a good learning experience.

The forum can be an additional tool as long as youre able to collect info and make a informed decision with the information instead of taking in the opinion of others. I learned so much anout what companies are best in FE, the kind commission I can command and that there variety of products available. I love it here.

Back