Insurance Leads - Horror Stories

I was purchasing direct mail leads for Mortgage Protection and I was told they were "fresh" and "exclusive" to me, but come to find out the leads were at-least 6+ months old and had been sold to an agent before me (I know this because every person I talked to told me the same thing).

Centuries ago, when the internet was a baby, I paid a guy $1,000 to email 1 million customers of AOl for life insurance. Not a single lead. Couldn't reach him again to verify the email blast.

Before the internet, bought an autodialer from a company 3,000 miles away in Florida. Machine was crap and company refused to fix or refund $.

Hired a telemarketing company that advertised in the insurance magazines. Company called business owners for life insurance. Out of 25 leads, I swear 24 told me they told telemarketer they weren't interested. Owner of telemarketing company became extremely defensive and swore the leads were good.

Centuries ago, when the internet was a baby, I paid a guy $1,000 to email 1 million customers of AOl for life insurance. Not a single lead. Couldn't reach him again to verify the email blast.

Before the internet, bought an autodialer from a company 3,000 miles away in Florida. Machine was crap and company refused to fix or refund $.

Hired a telemarketing company that advertised in the insurance magazines. Company called business owners for life insurance. Out of 25 leads, I swear 24 told me they told telemarketer they weren't interested. Owner of telemarketing company became extremely defensive and swore the leads were good.

I have some really good leads I could sell you, no really...they're really good...lol.

That sucks

I loved autodialers! Wish they were still legal.

Speaking of horror stories, I'm trying to avoid the Nightmare Before Christmas. Would anyone care to tell me what lead sources they've found that work best for final expense between Thanksgiving and late December? I know DM is tough this time of year, and it looks like IM leads are going to be hard to come by too. Telemarketed leads maybe? Thanks.:wideeyed:

Speaking of horror stories, I'm trying to avoid the Nightmare Before Christmas. Would anyone care to tell me what lead sources they've found that work best for final expense between Thanksgiving and late December? I know DM is tough this time of year, and it looks like IM leads are going to be hard to come by too. Telemarketed leads maybe? Thanks.:wideeyed:

BoB leads have always kept my holidays golly.

Back