Insurance Leads Vs. Financial Planner Leads Question...

I know that life insurance agents are accustomed to purchasing leads, including online leads to sell life insurance policies. But would a person who is a financial planner or even a Certified Financial Planner purchase leads to grow their practice from a lead source?

Or is it customary for financial planners to generally accept new business only from their referral sources or whatever else they do to advertise? (if any)

Yes weird question, but I need to find out more as I plan to write a blog post on this topic.

I appreciate any input...Thanks!

I know that life insurance agents are accustomed to purchasing leads, including online leads to sell life insurance policies. But would a person who is a financial planner or even a Certified Financial Planner purchase leads to grow their practice from a lead source?

Or is it customary for financial planners to generally accept new business only from their referral sources or whatever else they do to advertise? (if any)

Yes weird question, but I need to find out more as I plan to write a blog post on this topic.

I appreciate any input...Thanks!

I'm a wholesaler to this market and I don't know of more than a handful of financial planners that buy any type of lead. Most leads are worthless for that profession.

The planners that I know tend to network, do seminars, utilize social media, and operate on referrals. Trying to get published, quoted, or interviewed can be as important as well.

Many work their natural networks (school, religion, hobby, etc.) for clients.

If you're not already established, it can be very difficult to build a book. I do know a few who in the last 5 years have done an incredible job of gathering assets, however they are the exception.

You're not able to create a plan for anyone unless you are sitting down in front of them and a lead is simply another device which helps facilitate that.

Naturally a final expense lead is not appropriate however a mortgage protection lead might be.

I suspect it would also depend upon whether or not a planner is fee based only or do they also receive commissions.

Back