Insurance Licenses Are Not Necessary

GreenSky

Guru
5000 Post Club
Henderson, NV
I believe that having a license issued by a state is allowing "bad" agents to continue to sell insurance. The government is given the authority to police our activities which really should rest with each insurance company dumb enough to allow us to write their policies.

If our carriers had C.E. requirements and were responsible for agents to KNOW what the policies cover, I think the public would be much better protected than they are now. Companies don't have to worry about our honesty, ethics and knowledge since we have a "stamp of approval" from our insurance departments.

Companies say that exists today. They have meetings to discuss their plans but really, how many agents really attend or pay attention. They are there for the free continental breakfast. At least in California, with the exception of MA products, no health insurance carrier has any kind of a test or continuing education requirement aside from what is required to keep our license renewed. And don't get me started with the fees I pay for non-resident licenses when those states couldn't care less about my qualifications except to collect up to $200 from me (17 states really adds up).

There are a lot of dishonest agents out there but even worse, many more are simply ignorant of what they are selling. Carriers should be the parties responsible for allowing us to sell - not the state.

Rick

That's why most carriers require E&O!! I wish each carrier had CE for their products, I love learning new stuff about products and carriers!

That's why most carriers require E&O!! I wish each carrier had CE for their products, I love learning new stuff about products and carriers!

Agreed. I'm not a big fan of GR, but I love the fact that they hold training classes for agents and give free CE vouchers to new agents. I haven't used mine yet, but I plan on taking a few of Pilzer's CE classes.

[FONT=&quot]ATTENTION HEALTH INSURANCE AGENTS![/FONT]
20070503-02.gif
[FONT=&quot]
100% Guaranteed Acceptance!
NO Medical Questions... NO Declines!
Level Commissions!
Six Month Advance!
No Insurance License Required -- Sell In All 50 States!
Unbelievable Agency Building Potential!
Sell As Major Medical Add-On or Stand Alone!​
Dental & Vision
$2500 Critical Illness Coverage
$5000 Accident Insurance
$1000/month Accident Disability Income
$10,000 AD&D
$4000 Emergency Rescue

$100,000 Emergency Travel Assistance
ONLY $69 PER MONTH
FOR AN ENTIRE FAMILY​
The Lazy Agent's Road To Wealth:
(Assuming only two sales per day, five days per week, and a 20% annual "drop off" rate)​
First Year .................... $75,000
Second Year .................... $135,000
Third Year .................... $183,000
Fourth Year .................... $221,000
Fifth Year .................... $251,000​
“What an incredible product! What a phenomenal concept! I’m telling all my clients to raise their deductibles in order to generate enough savings to totally eliminate those higher deductibles with supplemental accident and critical illness insurance… plus receive FREE dental, vision, disability and AD&D… and a whole lot more… and, incredibly, still have money left over to fund their HSAs or whatever!​
“In just one day, I sold 15 of these guarantee-issue plans… all over the phone to existing clients… and generated $2,250 in LEVEL commissions… with at least a couple dozen referrals! This is just too easy!”​
Lewis Joseph, MBA
Algonquin, IL​
For More Information, Call Us Today At
(877) 442-0698
Or Click Here To Receive A Marketing Kit​
[/FONT]

Back