Insurance on ex wife

I know a guy who regularly has sex with his ex. No longer spouses, they now refer to each other as "Friends with Benefits".:idea:

Existing policies usually doesn't matter what the relationship "is". What are they going to do, cancel the policy? If you own the policies and they are in force, put whomever you want as beneficiary. Even in a community property state, you are no longer a couple.

Guys might be over thinking these. In force policies are handled differently than new policies service wise.

I'm just getting back into the insurance business but why does it matter who the insured is? There was an insurable interest when the policy was written and that's all that matters, isn't it? Deepsea is the owner and beneficiary and can add or change beneficiaries at any any time.

Existing policies usually doesn't matter what the relationship "is". What are they going to do, cancel the policy? If you own the policies and they are in force, put whomever you want as beneficiary. Even in a community property state, you are no longer a couple.

Guys might be over thinking these. In force policies are handled differently than new policies service wise.

Maybe, however, I have had three claims this year that were paid to the kids and not the primary because of this. Not the most pleasant claims conversations.

Back