Insurance on long term (2 month) rental car?

Chuckles360

I live and work overseas but will be home this summer for 2 months and will be renting a car. Unfortunately my credit cards coverage is for a maximum of 30 days on rentals. I would prefer to not pay what the rental agency charges for insurance and am seeing if there is a way to get short term auto coverage on a rental car from a 3rd party company. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How did you solve the car insurance problem? I simply could not pass along this topic without saying anything. The point is that some time ago I moved from Tennessee to California, although not for a month but permanently. The first shock was that the rules for car insurance are different of those in my state! That I was unaware of and didn’t think about. The first insurance company I found in Yellow Pages started to ask lots of personal info like social security number, passport details etc. That was quite annoying ‘cause you never know what happens to this data afterwards. Thanks to my BF who helped me and found americaninsurance where they quoted all the rates and included services anonymously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back