Insurance Pre-Employment Test

nels3063

Any advice on passing the Limra test? I had my first interview with Missouri Farm Bureau today and take the Limra test on Monday at there office. The DM i met with said I needed to score a 12 on a scale of 0-19. Any advice on passing this test.

Thanks in advance......

Yes, simply answer the questions. If you don't pass it, then the job probably isn't a match, which is why they give the test.

since the test has no wrong answers, it's all about 'how you feel', its hard to do any type of pre-study for it. Keep in mind as you go through the test, the goal is to see if you are a fit for a SALES job. When they ask questions like what is your preferred method of compensation, selecting the answer of a steady, regular paycheck, probably isn't what they are looking for. I'm guessing, but they would probably prefer you to mark 'commission'.

Dan

I have never taken it but spoke to many who have. If you're an aggressive go-getter and designed to be self-employed you'll fail. They are looking for sales sheep who take orders.

thats funny. I have taken it twice and failed twice. or should I say not gotten asked back. I think they look for those that are agressive and by no means sheep. You have to be confident and have purchased the product you are trying to sell. I thing having life insurance is big to the powers that be. In any even do not swet the test. A good manager will be abble to spot a good candidate without the limra.

So thats 2 different takes......is it aggressive go getters or sheep that take orders???

I have never taken it but spoke to many who have. If you're an aggressive go-getter and designed to be self-employed you'll fail. They are looking for sales sheep who take orders.

I have taken the test several times and always score high. They want an aggressive go getter, self motivated, who doesn't have to have a lot of suppervision. Someone who does not want their compensation limited whose reward depends upon their own ability and achievement. They look for someone who is outgoing. They want someone who had rather go to a party then sit home and read a book but someone who can get along with others and follow directions.

Last edited:
Any advise on taking these assessment test? I've heard many negative remarks re: Limra but does anyone have any experience with the other test?

The CP+ (Career Profile) is administered by the ExSel selection system of LIMRA International.
(2) Personal Orientation Profile from Self Management Group.
Thanks,
CSMule

So thats 2 different takes......is it aggressive go getters or sheep that take orders???

I would take a different view of this test. Think of it as helping you, not the carrier/employer. Personality tests are designed to allow the employer to find a good fit AND they allow you to find the job/profession with a good fit. Remember two things; 1)these personality tests are very reliable and a good predictor, and, 2) it is much very difficult for you to change your personality/behavior to fit a job that is not suited to your personality.

DJS is correct, there are not right or wrong answers, so answer the questions honestly.

I would take a different view of this test. Think of it as helping you, not the carrier/employer. Personality tests are designed to allow the employer to find a good fit AND they allow you to find the job/profession with a good fit. Remember two things; 1)these personality tests are very reliable and a good predictor, and, 2) it is much very difficult for you to change your personality/behavior to fit a job that is not suited to your personality.

DJS is correct, there are not right or wrong answers, so answer the questions honestly.

Actually, that isn't exactly right. They are looking for a specific personality type. I took several when I first got started. I was a bit timid when starting after seeing some companies implode and failed. Got to feeling more like myself and passes.

They are looking for aggressive people who are driven by the limelight and money. Someone who will sell anything to anyone at anytime. I think each company has its own criteria as to what score is necessary to be hired, but that is what they are screening for.

Now, I would recommend taking the test honestly and just be yourself. But if you are just looking to pass, always go with the more aggressive answer. Also, always answer as if prizes, awards and recognition are important to you. Just don't go overboard. A good personality test is going to reject anyone who appears to be gaming it, that is why it often asks the same question multiple times in different ways to try and catch that.

Back