Insurance Pre-Employment Test

Actually, that isn't exactly right. They are looking for a specific personality type. I took several when I first got started. I was a bit timid when starting after seeing some companies implode and failed. Got to feeling more like myself and passes
They are looking for aggressive people who are driven by the limelight and money. Someone who will sell anything to anyone at anytime. I think each company has its own criteria as to what score is necessary to be hired, but that is what they are screening for.--

Now, I would recommend taking the test honestly and just be yourself. But if you are just looking to pass, always go with the more aggressive answer. Also, always answer as if prizes, awards and recognition are important to you. Just don't go overboard. A good personality test is going to reject anyone who appears to be gaming it, that is why it often asks the same question multiple times in different ways to try and catch that.

I do not disagree with you. As I said the test allows the employer to find a good fit for them. That fit could be aggressive or not, whatever the employer wants. What I was saying to nels was that he/she should view it as a way to see if he/she has a good fit for the job. Answer honestly, because if you answer in a way that gets you the job, but your personality does not fit the job, you run the risk of being unhappy and unsuccessful.

I literally just finished taking this LIMRA EXSEL test. I am in the interviewing process to become a captive agent. The test ask a lot of personal financial question and questions about who you affiliate with in your spare time. To me it seems like the old adage "birds of a feather flock together." and " him thats got shall have and him that not shall lose." I don't know if I passed yet so I'll have to give an update on how I answered and if it worked on a later post. Wish me luck!

I have taken the test several times and always score high. They want an aggressive go getter, self motivated, who doesn't have to have a lot of suppervision. Someone who does not want their compensation limited whose reward depends upon their own ability and achievement. They look for someone who is outgoing. They want someone who had rather go to a party then sit home and read a book but someone who can get along with others and follow directions.

This is 100% accurate. After I took the test and had my follow-up interview, they went over the scores and explained what they were looking for. Exactly what xrac said. They don't want to be your babysitter if you're hired.

The LIMRA test is mostly an ATTITUDE test, as well as a test to see how long you can survive without making an income. If you don't have financial resources, a spouse who could support you, or savings enough to support you for at least 6 months or more you will fail. On the other hand, if you have the attitude that you are starting your own business; have a plan for the first year and want to gain sales experience, can list 200 friends and family as your (soft market!), and feel good about your life... you should pass with a very high score.

Back