Insurance Pro Agencies

PhilL

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a client in Dallas TX who is evaluating several agency networks, to hopefully partner with one of them for P&C markets access. Among the networks being considered is Insurance Pro Agencies out of Illinois. Does anyone have a past or present relationship with them? Any first-hand knowledge of working with them is appreciated. Thank you.

Does Ignorance Pros Agencies know that Two counties in DFW are tough right now due to hail. Denton and Collin. Does that effect the deliverable?

Hi Phil! Regardless of it's IPA, SmartChoice, SIAA, or the next shop down the block, I'd really emphasize your client understand his exit strategy before entering any agreement. If the client decides to go it his own in a few years, does he have the option to do that? Is he still allowed to access all the same carriers without waiting two years? Does he have to buy his hard-built book back from the group? I've seen way too many agents that are gung-ho to get going and then find themselves locked into long-term agreements that will either cost them ten's of thousands of dollars to get out of or limit their ability to access carriers need to continue to grow their business.

Last edited:
Todd, Good observation. Of course that is an absolute "must" for the inquiring agent to fully understand before serious consideration of any agency network membership. I deal with multiple agency networks, depending on the State involved. Them and all of the networks have different variations of the "business ownership-exit situation" aspect. The agent has to make sure that he or she fully understands it and all of the other related features before joining. I have a list of a dozen or so key questions that need to be asked and for which an agent needs to receive clear and understandable answers. Send me an email through my website if you want a copy.

Back