Insurance Questions...Moving and Need Help.

Hthorn26

Hi Everyone,

I am so thankful to have found this forum! I have a few questions and your insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am fully licensed and used to work for Country Financial. I quit working there because my husband rejoined the Army and they moved us. It has been 3 years and my husband has decided to get out for good...thank goodness! Anyway, we are moving back to CO in a few weeks. I would love the opportunity to work under an Independent Agent this time. I am a little worried about my credit situation because when the Army moved us, we had to leave our home behind. The house is the only bad thing on our credit, but I have been reading that advances are hard to get.

So, here are a few of my questions...with the bad credit, would an agent even take me on? If an agent does take me under his wing, how do I know they are a good one? How would I go about even finding one that helps out newer agents? And if they do help train new agents, do some offer a salary plus commissions or is it straight commissions and/or advances?

I have more questions, but that is what is on my mind currently. We are a few weeks out from moving back to CO, and my goal is to have 3-5 appointments set-up before we even move to talk with potential agents about working under them or for them.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Heidi

Hi Everyone,

I am so thankful to have found this forum! I have a few questions and your insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am fully licensed and used to work for Country Financial. I quit working there because my husband rejoined the Army and they moved us. It has been 3 years and my husband has decided to get out for good...thank goodness! Anyway, we are moving back to CO in a few weeks. I would love the opportunity to work under an Independent Agent this time. I am a little worried about my credit situation because when the Army moved us, we had to leave our home behind. The house is the only bad thing on our credit, but I have been reading that advances are hard to get.

So, here are a few of my questions...with the bad credit, would an agent even take me on? If an agent does take me under his wing, how do I know they are a good one? How would I go about even finding one that helps out newer agents? And if they do help train new agents, do some offer a salary plus commissions or is it straight commissions and/or advances?

I have more questions, but that is what is on my mind currently. We are a few weeks out from moving back to CO, and my goal is to have 3-5 appointments set-up before we even move to talk with potential agents about working under them or for them.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Heidi

Heidi, I think you can find someone who will take you on given your experience. There are some P&C agents on this forum from CO. My two suggestions is tell us where in CO you will be relocated to and post something in the P&C section since that seems to be what you are looking for. Good luck and to you and your husband I say thank you for your service to our country.

Great! Thank you, X! I appreciate it. I will post again in the P&C section and see what happens.

Heidi

Back