Insurance Reimbursement Question

ajmcello

I was involved in an auto accident which resulted in being hospitalized. I am now being billed by the hospital.

Rather than having Geico, the insurancecompany pay the hospital direct, is it possible for Geico to pay or reimburse the policy holder instead of the hospital or medical provider?

Thank you.

If there is coverage for the hospital bill, then yes, if you pay it they will reimburse you. If your health insurance paid it, they will reimburse the health insurance company.

Several things come into play here, some depending on what state this happened in. I'll assume CA, for no other reason than that is where I am at. Most of this will apply in most states.
- If you were at fault, you may or may not have coverage for the hospitilization. Depends on your policy and coverages.
- If the other person was at fault, if they have lower liability limits, you can run out of coverage very quickly. Your UM/UIM coverage should kick in to help cover this.
- If you have health insurance, let them pick up the tab and they can sort it out later. The auto insurance should pick up any deductibles/copays, etc, if coverage exists. In fact, the auto policy will frequently become the primary payor on these.

Dan

Well, it depends upon your insurance policy rules. If you will show the bill to your insurance company that you have paid to the hospital, then the insurance company can pay directly to you.

dont forget no-fault states, where your own insurance take cares of your medical bills.

er sorry, i read the question wrong, if you already paid for it, just submit the bill and ask for a reimbursement.

Back