insureme's new credit policy

LGilmore

Guru
1000 Post Club
I was just set to go back to my original zips today when I received an email from insureme. It seems they are going to only give you 10 days to credit a lead. That sounds reasonable until you realize they just use a software program that allows for 10-15% credits for bad leads. No one there looks at your credit request to verify if they are bad or not. If you've topped out your credit requests on their software, you eat the rest.

The old system allowed 45 days to credit, which is why after a large build up of bogus leads, I had to reduce zips to slow new leads to enable me to get credits for past bad leads. The leads in my zips ran about 40% bogus.. and by bogus I mean fake phone, fake email, fake name, fake address. I don't include those who decide no or buy elsewhere.

Needless to say, I didn't return my zips and now will spend a little time looking elsewhere for someone to replace insure me. Since their customer service refuses to make any manual credits, it makes no sense to continue when everyso often you'll get 5 or 6 bogus leads in a row. To only be able to get credit for one and having to eat 5, isn't a good roi for me. It's killer for them though.

I also use Insureme and noticed the new policy.

I only use them for three zips right now (10 minutes from my office) and I guess I have been lucky since most of the leads are legit. If they're not, I usually know within a week.

If you would like an additional lead source, PM me. Currently $5 per lead, although the price is going up in August.

I ran into this a few weeks ago. I was getting a ton of disconnected numbers and they would not credit them. I called and they said I had reached my limit. I said they could listen in on my line and hear the disconnect message and they refused. Needless to say I am no longer with them.

At 1st the 15% credit policy didn't pose any problems however later I noticed I was hitting my limit yet still getting some bad leads - as in bad numbers/contact info that I couldn't return. Had to do away with them.

I bought about 60 leads for seniors. I did write 4 MA plans with a commission of about $2,000 over an above my leads costs. However, I also hit my limit on returns.

I would have continued the service but had I written Med Supp plans instead of the Medicare HMOs, I would have spent more on leads than commissions earned. I don't want to continue a lead source where I must write the highest commissions possible to make money.

Out of the 60 leads, only a few were truly interested in health. Most thought they were on an AARP site or wanted dental or didn't know that they were asking for an agent to contact them. Three people were willing to see me and I wrote 4 MA plans (replaced their older crappy MA plans with newer, less crappy MA plans).

Rick

Latest posts

Back