InsureMe's new "pick how many a**wipes will bug your client" plan...

CT Insure Guy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I have a love/hate relationship with InsureMe over the last year. The lead volume is always decent but they sell the living s**t out of these leads and my guess is, even in smaller states, they are going to 5-7+ agents. I have a pretty good knack for turning some of these into sales, although not always immediately, but overall it's been worth the $9 or so I spend for these leads. The credit policy is BY FAR the worst ever and they offer almost no flexibility in this so I am very tempted to ditch them but I am an on a "buy as you go" program now so it's not too bad. However...

They have this new "exclusive" program where you can actually set a limit as to how many agents you are competing against, including fully exclusive, (overpriced though) and I figured I'd buy a few leads at the $24 price (max 2 agents with my current filters) and see how they went. Well, InsureMe has instead charged me $39 for EACH of these leads and when I called to see what's up I waited 40 f**king minutes on hold (apparently I am not the only customer who is pissed) for a woman to tell me "she doesn't know how it happened" and can't tell me when I might be credited and if the glitch can be fixed.

To me a lead is a lead and I don't mind shared ones, but because Insure Me sells them so freakin often I figured this might be a good option to try but so far: 2 leads, 2 overcharges, retarded customer service and still the worst credit policy ever. How do these guys stay in business??

There is only one protest that is effective. Don't give your money to them.

I know, it's just that I am down to maybe $250/month with these guys, far less than I spend elsewhere, and I still do get a good ROI overall. I just figured if I could avoid the headaches of having to deal with already pissed off customers ("Oh my gaaaawd, I can't believe how many people keep calling me since I did this!!) for a few extra bucks it might be worth a shot but if they have screwed this up already, the first week they released it, I can only imagine the headaches that will come later.

It wouldn't shock me if they sold the "only for 2 agents" leads to 3,4,5 people anyway...those bastards!

Last edited:
"How do these guys stay in business??"

....because of agents like you?

Well if my $200-$250 a month is what's keeping them afloat I would love to see the dingy they're floating around on in Lake Erie. Must make for a nice office space though...great views.

I understand your point, but either everyone who "never deals with InsureMe anymore" is lying or they have an insane amount of Capital on hand because they honestly come across on the phone like "Yes, we know our credit policy sucks, we don't care. Yes, I know that 4000 agents call your clients, so what? Umm, yes sir, we do know that we bury that disclaimer about how clients won't see quotes on the screen so far down, and make it hard to see, but we love selling these people's names a LOT and we can't afford to have them know this upfront."

Everytime I buy a few leads with them, from now on, I am going to kick myself in the sac...whether I sell the lead or not. I deserve it.

Well, there's no point in talking junk about insureme and the good old days. Those days are long gone, but they are the sh--t when it comes to high volume and quality prospects, albeit sent to 8-10 agents.

When the tidal wave hits in the fall - people switching plans for the coming year, depending on how hard you are willing to work, you can make massive $$ with them. From Sept 15 - Thanksgiving, work insureme from 8:30 to 9:00 Monday - Thursday knock off at 5:00 on Friday. If you do it right, and utilize an assistant effectively, you should make $50K - $70K+, for that brief period. If you monkey around, you'll make half that or less. If you don't have an assistant, cut it in half again, whether or not you goof off. No way to do it by yourself. Forget it. Not gonna happen.

After you've done this, tell me how much you hate them.

I have been with them for about 8-10 years. Now, I only use them for a 5-10 mile radius from the office.

You would think you would have talked to everyone in Lebanon by now. Why such a large radius Chumps?

I don't know why anyone is buying affiliate leads that go to 8 to 20 agents, I would value that lead at maybe 50 cents to $2 at the most. It is even worse when you have a staff and are paying people to work junk oversold leads you eat your lunch.

Back