Insuretech Connect, 2019 A Regular Insurance Guys thoughts and Impressions

"One question that was asked generally as it relates to an industry claims statistic, 'Where else in society/ what other industry is it OK to wait 10 days for a deliverable?'”

The medical industry where repair and rehab of a serious injury or disease takes time?

I had my first auto accident in 50 years last year. The response to my claim was extremely fast...and ineffective. I had to use a phone to do the adjuster's job, knowing as I took the pictures from required angles that none of them would actually show the damage below the hood and to the wiring harness. In less than 24 hours, I was told that the cost of the repair would be (I'm going from memory here) about $1,200 and take 3-4 days.

31 days and over $5,000 later, I got my car back...probably because the last 7-10 days I called the repair shop at least twice a day for a status report. If I hadn't done that, I don't know how long it would have taken. The problem began with a poor automated process of diagnosis, actually pretty pointless and it was made worse by a complete lack of ANY (not just frequent or regular) communication about the progress of the repair.

Technology initiated the problem but likely could have been used to to improve the process. And it was the process that was the real problem...a complete lack of information and communication. I'm kept more up to date if I order a pizza from Dominos than if my vehicle is out of commission for over a month.

No, HAHAH, It is an actual news agency stating what you stated...the tech sucks and is a way for companies to offer a fast low ball offer.

Back