Integrity Marketing Group expands with acquisition of Tidewater Management Group

Insurance Forums Staff

Guru
Sponsor
Insurance Forums Staff submitted a new article

Integrity Marketing Group expands with acquisition of Tidewater Management Group
bigstock-Merger-Word-International-Busi-60862733.jpg

Integrity, the nation’s largest independent distributor of life and health insurance products, has acquired Raleigh, N.C.-based Tidewater, one of the largest distributors of Medicare Supplement and Medicare Advantage products in the Southeastern U.S.
Continue reading the Original Article.

BEWARE OF TIDEWATER!!

When I signed a contract with Tidewater I was told there would be no problem in granting me a release. No mention was made of a six month wait. Now I am requesting an immediate release and Tidewater is not standing by their WORD.

During 4th quarter last year there were no leads for our team except for Alabama which is not our resident state. (TN) In addition, at an event, Mike Newton announced there would be marketing dollars for a certain amount of applications written. I was enthused about the offer and the next month I promptly wrote ten applications. At that time I was told that program was for only for agents directly contracted with Tidewater. At no time during the “courtship” process were we told there was any distinction between being direct with Tidewater or not.

Now our team of 15 is left in limbo. Our new FMO cannot offer us support because he is not receiving commissions. Tidewater has removed the minimal support it has been giving. Our team now has NO support for the upcoming months.

BEWARE OF TIDEWATER!!

When I signed a contract with Tidewater I was told there would be no problem in granting me a release. No mention was made of a six month wait. Now I am requesting an immediate release and Tidewater is not standing by their WORD.

During 4th quarter last year there were no leads for our team except for Alabama which is not our resident state. (TN) In addition, at an event, Mike Newton announced there would be marketing dollars for a certain amount of applications written. I was enthused about the offer and the next month I promptly wrote ten applications. At that time I was told that program was for only for agents directly contracted with Tidewater. At no time during the “courtship” process were we told there was any distinction between being direct with Tidewater or not.

Now our team of 15 is left in limbo. Our new FMO cannot offer us support because he is not receiving commissions. Tidewater has removed the minimal support it has been giving. Our team now has NO support for the upcoming months.
That’s really unfortunate Teresa! We have been waiting on a release from them as well. We have emailed numerous times and can’t get a response via phone or email.

Knox, I understand this problem is not unique to our team. Yes, that's their MO. They stop returning phone calls or emails. I don't understand why companies misrepresent themselves. Teresa

Knox, I understand this problem is not unique to our team. Yes, that's their MO. They stop returning phone calls or emails. I don't understand why companies misrepresent themselves. Teresa
I’ve never heard any agent having a hard time getting a release from Tidewater

Mike Newton is first class. Known him for 6 years. I’m confident not many agents have left him, but those that have he has released. Mike is a breath of fresh air to agents as he never promises “free leads”. He teaches and motivates agents how to market and brand themselves. Just my two cents, but I’m sure he has a side to the story.

Back