Intellectual property infringement allegations against a software engineer consultant

Jim381

Could I get protection from a software copyright infringement with a $200,000 deductible?

I am a software engineer who is a sole proprietor and my LLC has me as the only employee. I have insurance for up to $200,000 for claims arising from alleged software copyright infringement. Where would I find an insurance company to cover me if I exhaust this $200,000? I live in Georgia.

Why is patent insurance so expensive? Is there an E&O policy that does not exclude software patent allegations?

Is there a product on the market that protects software engineers from patent infringement claims? Is there now an E&O policy that does not exclude software patent allegations?

Could I get protection from a software copyright infringement with a $200,000 deductible?

I am a software engineer who is a sole proprietor and my LLC has me as the only employee. I have insurance for up to $200,000 for claims arising from alleged software copyright infringement. Where would I find an insurance company to cover me if I exhaust this $200,000? I live in Georgia.

Why is patent insurance so expensive? Is there an E&O policy that does not exclude software patent allegations?

Yes, I meant to quote “why is it so expensive” and reply because of the thriving patent troll industry. This forum deals specifically with agent’s E & O, so it is probably not where you should be looking for answers. If you belong to any kind of professional group with other software engineers, that’s where you should be asking. Or you could try an excess lines insurance broker.

Back