Interested in approaching and working with CPAs but dont know where to begin. Can anyone help?

KazeTBW

As a life licensed only agent what type of problems can I help a CPA solve? I have seen several companies saying how powerful a CPA partnership can be but Im just not sure where to begin. Can anyone offer some help or suggestions. Thanks

Tahoe Ray, what do you bring to the CPA to increase their revenue without jeopardizing their relationships?

Tahoe Ray, what do you bring to the CPA to increase their revenue without jeopardizing their relationships?
Nothing special. Just acting as an order taker for life and DI needs.

I provide education on areas where they may not be competent.

Specifically, I game plan the needs with the professional and go from there. If there is a preconceived notion about a product, I don't debate.

I'm just there to execute the plan.

So how many referrals have you had from the CPA for insurance needs for his/her clients? By the way, who are your targeted clientele? Individuals, businesses, business owners ..?

So how many referrals have you had from the CPA for insurance needs for his/her clients? By the way, who are your targeted clientele? Individuals, businesses, business owners ..?
It's not a lot because the CPAs do taxes and aren't focused on insurance. That's why the more COIs you can work with, the better. I just want to be top of mind when it falls in their lap. P&C agents, financial advisors, etc. are all good possible relationships.

My personal production is almost exclusively disability insurance so I work with a lot of business owners/self-employed folks.

Let me start by saying I have relationships with 2 CPA's and enrolled agent and another financial advisor. I am also licensed for securities and provide both commission based and advisory services. These relationships keep me very busy and it has truly helped shaped the book of business I have.

You should at least consider getting you 65 license and work as or with an RIA. There are a few insurance FMO's that help their life agents/brokers get 65 licensed to provide advisory business. It very different than selling commission based annuities or mutual funds. I even know an agency that can help you, they have an RIA, insurance brokerage, and securities B/D each a separate entity

Back