Interested in approaching and working with CPAs but dont know where to begin. Can anyone help?

Jul 31, 2019

1. KazeTBW

KazeTBW New Member

State:
    Michigan
    As a life licensed only agent what type of problems can I help a CPA solve? I have seen several companies saying how powerful a CPA partnership can be but Im just not sure where to begin. Can anyone offer some help or suggestions. Thanks

KazeTBW, Jul 31, 2019
  2. DHK

DHK Guru

State:
    California
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    DHK, Jul 31, 2019
  3. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Value prop + knocking on doors. I work with 1 CPA and a handful of RIAs. All of those relationships were forged through networking, referrals, and showing them what I can do to increase their revenue without jeopardizing their relationships.

4. producer1

producer1 Expert

Tahoe Ray, what do you bring to the CPA to increase their revenue without jeopardizing their relationships?

5. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    Nothing special. Just acting as an order taker for life and DI needs.

I provide education on areas where they may not be competent.

Specifically, I game plan the needs with the professional and go from there. If there is a preconceived notion about a product, I don't debate.

I'm just there to execute the plan.

6. producer1

producer1 Expert

So how many referrals have you had from the CPA for insurance needs for his/her clients? By the way, who are your targeted clientele? Individuals, businesses, business owners ..?

7. Tahoe Ray

Tahoe Ray Guru

State:
    Nevada
    It's not a lot because the CPAs do taxes and aren't focused on insurance. That's why the more COIs you can work with, the better. I just want to be top of mind when it falls in their lap. P&C agents, financial advisors, etc. are all good possible relationships.

My personal production is almost exclusively disability insurance so I work with a lot of business owners/self-employed folks.