Interesting Content for Email Newsletter?

Jazz10

Expert
Does anyone have a source for this? I have been looking but all the information seems mundane and uninteresting to send to a client to keep you name infront of them.

Does anyone have a good source they use?

How often are you sending the email newsletter?

In my experience, it is good to find a few articles related to what is happening with the insurance industry -- a storm, or how insurance fits in with retirement planning (this is the boring stuff). But if possible, you should try adding content related to your firm... It makes it more personal and interesting. You won't find a lot of people that want to read P&C news once a month, but if you have local events or company updates, that will keep people interested and engaged.

If you want some more ideas about a good newsletter feel free to reach out.

I think this is the old school way of thinking. Email is dead. Social media content is the future.

I think this is the old school way of thinking. Email is dead. Social media content is the future.

OK, what am I missing? what social medias avenues should I be incorporating and how?

Thanks. I am looking to grow my agency! So email marketing is dead even to current clients?

I would suggest for your email newsletter that you think outside of the insurance world. Find some local events to talk about. Basically, make it a community calendar, which appeals to people.

Add a recipe or 2. Perhaps some real estate information.

Put in a personal story. Makes the reading more interesting.

Then, as almost a sidebar type of thing, talk about insurance and what you offer. Think of it as an ad in the middle of a community newsletter, rather then insurance news.

Dan

I would suggest for your email newsletter that you think outside of the insurance world. Find some local events to talk about. Basically, make it a community calendar, which appeals to people.

Add a recipe or 2. Perhaps some real estate information.

Put in a personal story. Makes the reading more interesting.

Then, as almost a sidebar type of thing, talk about insurance and what you offer. Think of it as an ad in the middle of a community newsletter, rather then insurance news.

Dan

Thanks for the input Dan , Appreciated.

Is there a pool of interesting insurance stories that could be drawn on-with the moral of how the insurance helped?
The fence fell on the cat, the cat had pet insurance that paid for the broken leg.
The kid threw a brick through the picture window, but insurance paid the bill.
The husband and wife driveway collision.
The sewer backed up and destroyed xxx in the basement, but this was the rare homeowner that had that type of insurance and their loss was covered.
or .........

Here are some free archived web casts that might give you some ideas:

Virtual University - First Monday LIVE! Recording

First Monday LIVE! is a monthly web cast about "Insurance in the New...What's Going On?" It takes general news stories and analyzes the insurance implications. You will get your customers' attention by taking a current event, demonstrating an insurance exposure, and explaining how you have a solution.

Also, if you're a Big I association member, their Trusted Choice web site (www.trustedchoice.com) has consumer articles you can use. Similarly, their Virtual University has a consumer article area and you can adapt much of the content in the VU research library to consumer versions.

Is there a pool of interesting insurance stories that could be drawn on-with the moral of how the insurance helped?
The fence fell on the cat, the cat had pet insurance that paid for the broken leg.
The kid threw a brick through the picture window, but insurance paid the bill.
The husband and wife driveway collision.
The sewer backed up and destroyed xxx in the basement, but this was the rare homeowner that had that type of insurance and their loss was covered.
or .........

My aunt and uncle had a head on collision with each other on a country road. They lived in the country and she was coming home and he was going to town. He was looking at some cows instead of the road. Neither one was hurt too bad. The story made Paul Harvey.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back