Interesting Email:

G.Gordon

Guru
1000 Post Club
Missouri
Your client requested to terminate coverage and it cannot be processed due to the member applying on the Market Place. Please have the member contact the Market Place to terminate coverage.

So I call the client, "I DIDN'T REQUEST ANY SUCH THING!!", now she is wigging out.

Plan is Coventry of Kansas City.

Calls and emails to the appropriate people to see if we can do anything.

Once one signs up either though you or direct and receive's a subsidy the only way to cancel is for them to call the marketplace. If she did not call the mp it will not cancel. So I wouldn't worry what coventry is telling you, insurance company's won't cancel subsidy apps.

I get that, the interesting thing is what would have spawned such a fictional request. They emailed me because they received the "request" from someone. Maybe someone got their id wrong?

Your client requested to terminate coverage and it cannot be processed due to the member applying on the Market Place. Please have the member contact the Market Place to terminate coverage.

Since the letter is from Coventry and they're advising your client to call the Marketplace to cancel (which she didn't do), it's ALMOST* certain that her policy will not pending cancellation.

I learned a few weeks ago that if a client purchased the plan through the marketplace, it doesn't matter whether it's subsidized, or not subsidized.. the plan must be cancelled by calling the marketplace.
-ac

*Because the government is involved, used "Almost".

Call the carrier.
Stop the bank draft (and let them send out a monthly bill).
Don't pay that monthly bill.

A hassle (extra time & effort); but a necessity for bank drafts.

Back